2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He has good late hands. Which is a weird term, because I actually think he’s often actually committing PI because he’s making contact too early, but what I’m getting at is the ability to shoot his hands at the last second to make his play on the ball. Doing that instead of panicking and engaging too quickly makes it appear in fast speed that it was just a bang-bang play. 

He’s definitely a little handsy for my taste. He had 5 DPIs last season, and there were even a few on his highlight reel that I thought should have been called. The first play against McLaurin was PI in my opinion — although the second one was just a beautiful play. 

He has world class speed (4.37 40) and he clearly trusts it. He doesn’t appear to bail early, probably because he knows he can run with anybody once he flips his hips. And you have to like the way he fights — Devante Parker is a big dude, and he’s battling him all the way. He lost a couple of those (two DPIs in the game) but he won the war, because Parker only put up a 4 for 35 line with no TDs on 8 targets, including those end zone looks in the video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

They had plenty of talent, they’re 4 years removed from the AFC Championship Game and being a quarter away from going to the Super Bowl. Then, they didn’t and Tom Coughlin started doing what he does and screwed up a good thing they had going by micromanaging the team as a team president all the way down to the position coaches. He ruined team chemistry & their best players wanted out and eventually their best players were either cut or traded away and then they ended up with the #1 pick and will get Trevor Lawrence.

The one thing they had was poor FO personnel/ownership. You can change coaches all you want. It might get you a run for a season or two. Maybe. But eventually the poor leadership at the top will "correct" the heading of the vehicle back into the ditch.

44 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He has good late hands. Which is a weird term, because I actually think he’s often actually committing PI because he’s making contact too early, but what I’m getting at is the ability to shoot his hands at the last second to make his play on the ball. Doing that instead of panicking and engaging too quickly makes it appear in fast speed that it was just a bang-bang play. 

He’s definitely a little handsy for my taste. He had 5 DPIs last season, and there were even a few on his highlight reel that I thought should have been called. The first play against McLaurin was PI in my opinion — although the second one was just a beautiful play. 

He has world class speed (4.37 40) and he clearly trusts it. He doesn’t appear to bail early, probably because he knows he can run with anybody once he flips his hips. And you have to like the way he fights — Devante Parker is a big dude, and he’s battling him all the way. He lost a couple of those (two DPIs in the game) but he won the war, because Parker only put up a 4 for 35 line with no TDs on 8 targets, including those end zone looks in the video.

Yup. I think this is an upgrade from Darby.

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When you're paying a dumb coach $100M, we have to pinch pennies elsewhere I suppose.

Many a time did a Redskins fan bemoan the fact that we got the lesser of the two brothers. While I still think we probably got the short end of the stick, it’s not hurting quite as badly in light of some of Jon’s decisions out there.

I would have thought Golladay, Hilton, Samuel and Smith-Shuster would be signed by now.  Now I know this yr draft is loaded with WR prospects but really what's going on here. Marvin Jones has already signed with the Jaguars. The 3 aforementioned WR's may see less money when they sign with each day passing by. Either way something is strange here.

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

I would have thought Golladay, Hilton, Samuel and Smith-Shuster would be signed by now.  Now I know this yr draft is loaded with WR prospects but really what's going on here. Marvin Jones has already signed with the Jaguars. The 3 aforementioned WR's may see less money when they sign with each day passing by. Either way something is strange here.

I say let the price drop on them then. They willsign eventually and hopefully we can get a good deal on one. I dont see Golladay getting 20 mill avg like most thought he would. 

Corey Davis got an avg of 13 mill at the young age of 25, i dont see the top WR signing for more than 16 a year

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Really like the William Jackson signing. The CB group is now a big strength.

Trent gets 6-138 from San Fran. He finally got what he wanted. Salute

Trent is one of my favorite Redskins players of all time. He’s most likely a future HoF if he can put a 2-3 All Pro years together. I’m happy for him. I won’t be mad at any player that wanted to get away from the situation Bruce and Dan created. He should’ve anchored our LT position for his entire career but we had idiots running the show and that’s what you end up with. 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Many a time did a Redskins fan bemoan the fact that we got the lesser of the two brothers. While I still think we probably got the short end of the stick, it’s not hurting quite as badly in light of some of Jon’s decisions out there.

Harry and Lloyd

I don’t want to pay Golladay, but I do believe that his style of play fits better for a Gunslinger QB like Fitzpatrick than Curtis Samuel does. Golladay is a big security blanket that fitz can just throw it up to one on one. Not saying that Samuel wouldn’t help. But I think an Amari Rogers or Shi Smith could be our Samuel and nobody could be what Golladay would be for us.