Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The 3 draft picks in themselves don't equate to half the value of the 2nd overall pick the Jets have this year. So that should put things in perspective for you. In essence... the Jets 2nd overall pick equates to what 4 future 1sts equals. 

It's not as if the DVC is the Bible though - there are a lot of teams that don't subscribe to it, it's an arbitrary measure that's not taking much into consideration outside of draft position. 

A team like the Texans don't need one pick that is hypothetically worth three other picks - they need three picks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

I'd also hope the Caserio knows he has to come out looking good as it would be his 1st major decision as GM, don't think he wants to go out as a sucker.

I think this can't be overstated - currently, this FO is losing the battle over public opinion. To bring in less than what the Lions got for Matt Stafford, and then trying to explain DVC values to a fanbase who already hates you for having to trade Watson and Watt? That's a recipe for media and fans alike to evicerate this team. 

There's going to be revenue loss this season, but this would accelerate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's not as if the DVC is the Bible though - there are a lot of teams that don't subscribe to it, it's an arbitrary measure that's not taking much into consideration outside of draft position. 

A team like the Texans don't need one pick that is hypothetically worth three other picks - they need three picks. 

Obviously. But to not realize that the Jets offer of the 2nd pick (allows you to get a possible franchise QB) is twice as valuable, as lets say the NYG or SF picks at 11 and 12 would be foolish. These things have to be taken into consideration when they're thinking of value. So if the NYG offer you 2 1sts.. that's quite a bit less valuable than the Jets just offering #2. 

On 1/28/2021 at 6:52 PM, Drained said:

Well ladies and gentlemen, it was fun talking to you on this forum for the past year or so about this team, from the highs of that Bills win to the lows of what is happening right now, at least there is a sense of community among our fans.

I am officially done with watching or following football because I know I could not stop myself from being a Texans fan. Kind of like my family members when Jerry Jones effectively built the Cowboys and then destroyed them, I'm done until the owner is gone or there is some dramatic change. At least the city of Houston still has the Astros and despite whatever cheating scandal, we're a damn good team.

nvm I've slightly turned on Deshaun Watson now. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

In other news - Deshaun Watson has removed profile pics of him in a Texans uniform on Twitter.

It's real now.

This... This is happening.

And Deshaun has said a grand total of nothing to the Texans FO and has not expressed literally a single reason why he is upset. He's acting like a child. 

If Caserio fleeces a team for 3 FRP's and young defensive stars and perhaps a borderline starting QB, that is absolutely worth it. Deshaun is a great QB and I'm sure he could reach good heights but to me his ceiling is looking more and more like Philips Rivers, we can rebuild our entire team with those picks, grab a good QB in the draft and be good. Never in NFL history has a QB with Watson's lack of winningness been worth this much, we'd be a fool to not trade him away to some idiot GM who destroys their team whilst trading him away.

23 minutes ago, Drained said:

And Deshaun has said a grand total of nothing to the Texans FO and has not expressed literally a single reason why he is upset. He's acting like a child. 

And he doesn’t have to. We know why he’s upset. If you don’t, you’re just choosing to be ignorant about the whole Jack Easterby / Cal McNair situation.

24 minutes ago, Drained said:

If Caserio fleeces a team for 3 FRP's and young defensive stars and perhaps a borderline starting QB, that is absolutely worth it

It’s absolutely not worth it. How many picks did it take to get a quarterback like Watson on the team? 3 first round picks are worthless if you have Jack Easterby being a part of the decision making process on them. It also still doesn’t fix underlying issue that Jack and Cal are going to be running things. 

3 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

And he doesn’t have to. We know why he’s upset. If you don’t, you’re just choosing to be ignorant about the whole Jack Easterby / Cal McNair situation.

It’s absolutely not worth it. How many picks did it take to get a quarterback like Watson on the team? 3 first round picks are worthless if you have Jack Easterby being a part of the decision making process on them. It also still doesn’t fix underlying issue that Jack and Cal are going to be running things. 

Easterby is a boogeyman. Deshaun Watson has been given everything by this franchise, we traded up two FRP's to draft him, we traded two FRP's to protect him, we spent one drafting protection, we kept liabilities on the coaching staff because he liked them, we let him pick his OC and we also wasted so much cap space on Tunsil and himself just so he was satisfied. We gave away our star WR because of that. Our team was gutted so we could actualize his dream.

If you think Easterby and Cal McNair are the problem, you do you, but to think Deshaun is acting like a grown up and is treating the fans and organization the same way we've been treating him, then you're ignorant. He understands we gave up so much to keep him happy these four years, he flees at the first sight of a losing season. There's players that are a lot more immature like Baker Mayfield who have gone through worse and not quit like this, its sad and makes me doubt if he is really the right QB.

And I'm not implying Deshaun is all to blame, the organization is to blame 50/50.

Hey guys here from the Washington thread 

I know you guys don’t want to trade Watson and I wouldn’t either but it looks like something may happen.

I saw a report saying at minimum Watson would cost two 1st, two 2nds, and two defensive starters. So with that said how would you feel if Washington offered

this year and next years 1st and 2nd founders along with Johnathen Allen and Landon Collins?

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Hey guys here from the Washington thread 

I know you guys don’t want to trade Watson and I wouldn’t either but it looks like something may happen.

I saw a report saying at minimum Watson would cost two 1st, two 2nds, and two defensive starters. So with that said how would you feel if Washington offered

this year and next years 1st and 2nd founders along with Johnathen Allen and Landon Collins?

That would be awesome and I would be all for that. I don't want Watson traded hes a generational QB in my eyes but at that point we have a steady foundation for our defense and all we need to be competitive again is another defensive centerpiece and a QB.

Just now, Drained said:

That would be awesome and I would be all for that. I don't want Watson traded hes a generational QB in my eyes but at that point we have a steady foundation for our defense and all we need to be competitive again is another defensive centerpiece and a QB.

Yeah to me that deal works for both sides

1 hour ago, Drained said:

If you think Easterby and Cal McNair are the problem, you do you, but to think Deshaun is acting like a grown up and is treating the fans and organization the same way we've been treating him, then you're ignorant. He understands we gave up so much to keep him happy these four years, he flees at the first sight of a losing season

It’s clear from this statement that you don’t understand why he wants out. He’s doesn’t want out because they had a losing season, he wants out because this organization is an absolute mess thanks to Easterby and Cal is continuing to go along with it. 

• Like 1

would absolutely love to see him in the NFC East

2 hours ago, Drained said:

i am supremely curious what changed between November when he signed and January.

I wont turn on Watson bc to me this just feels like a business decision. Its mutually beneficial to trade him and if I'm him, I'm thinking about this as a Job and I dont want to work here any more. It's probably going to feel like a bad break up before it's said and done

• Like 1