Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Easterby was hired to change the culture, he’s changing the culture and people from the old culture don’t like that.

I'll sum this up like this: If changing the culture involves driving/pushing away your best employee who is a great person outside of work and in the community... you're changing to the wrong culture.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ObotimusPrime said:

How so? The Lions last divisional title was in the early 90s. The Texans have won what? 4 titles. Yea yea we're all losers if you dont win the SB, but that's ridiculous. It seems that most people accept problems started to arise when Bob McNaire passed away, Easterby was hired followed by Gaines getting fired. Cal simply trusted B.O.B and Easterby to run the team b/c he knew he was incapable. (Who in their right mind gives B.o.B full control of the team after the historic playoff loss we suffered through?) Plenty of owners would of stepped in and stopped the BS trades that dumb and dumber have put together. The FO is cleaning house while avoiding the leak in the ceiling. 

Could not have been put any better! Bob McNair wasn't perfect, but the Texans were always well-ran organization free from ridicule. We won the AFC South 6 times in 9 years which is no small feat regardless of which division we're in. He trusted the GM to run football operations, gave the HC a long leash, and never made rash decisions. It wasn't perfect, but we had it pretty damn well in retrospect. The problem with Tommy Boy is he just isn't a leader. He's trusting Easterby who should not have any say on major decisions because he doesn't want to make the decisions himself. He gave O'Brien way too much control as GM. He failed to listen to the search firm he hired and has alienated a top 5 QB. He's just inept which is the root of the problem. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We won multiple AFC south  titles and were NEVER a contender. That speaks more of the AFC South than it does us. 

Do you think trading Deshaun Watson is a step you take towards becoming a contender?

Serious question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Do you think trading Deshaun Watson is a step you take towards becoming a contender?

Serious question.

Watson WANTS OUT. It’s not a matter of our front office wanting to trade Watson. So yes, if Watson would rather sit out than play then yes trading him is the a step towards becoming a contender. 

28 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Watson WANTS OUT. It’s not a matter of our front office wanting to trade Watson. So yes, if Watson would rather sit out than play then yes trading him is the a step towards becoming a contender. 

You're being obtuse again.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Running off one of the best players in football at the most important position in sports isn't a good start - because let's not mince words here, Easterby is running him off. 

Watson wants out. Why? Can we baseline this, or will you be avoiding that question again?

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're being obtuse again.

Watson wants out. Why? Can we baseline this, or will you be avoiding that question again?

Whatever I’m done with your bs. Your just gonna attack everything because you have it in your mind that I’m pro Easterby because I’m a pastor. I’m done. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Whatever I’m done with your bs. Your just gonna attack everything because you have it in your mind that I’m pro Easterby because I’m a pastor. I’m done. 

If that's how you want to see it, be my guest. My actual take is you're SO anti BoB, you refuse to see anyone else as the culprit to the current situation this franchise sees itself in. It has nothing to do with your vocation, but if that's what you need to believe to avoid my questions, go ahead.

I'm done. Enjoy your 0-16 laughingstock of a football team.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If that's how you want to see it, be my guest. My actual take is you're SO anti BoB, you refuse to see anyone else as the culprit to the current situation this franchise sees itself in.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:11 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

....if Easterby had anything to do with running BOB out of town, then as far as im concerned, hes a hero. 

See? 

Hey guys sorry to come over here and post with the garbage you are all contending with right now. Just a quick question...

How do you feel your new GM/HC would feel in regards to draft compensation three/four years from now? 

I have seen many hypothetical trades involving the likes of the Bears/SF/Indy who if they did trade for Deshaun would have the quality to be drafting very late for the next decade. So if one of those teams offered say 4 or 5 first rounders would that be more beneficial than say a Jets trade which could yield #2, #23, and next years first etc?

In other words all the draft capital be spread over the next 12 months rather than 4 or 5 years like the other teams mentioned? With your GM and HC in murky water already with all the rubbish around the ownership etc surely they would prefer the picks now so they would be able to make your team better NOW rather than 4/5 years later?? 

Looks like a lot of talk shows are saying it is pretty much the Jets or bust type thing and the Texans like Sam Darnold. I think something will happen before FA. I think the Texans have to show the FA who their QB is and either trade Watson or show some how he is the QB. I think you guys getting Sam and the Jets #2 pick is a big jump in rebuilding. You can move down some spots and grab a WR to go with him plus OL help. 

39 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like a lot of talk shows are saying it is pretty much the Jets or bust type thing and the Texans like Sam Darnold.

I haven't heard anything like that on this end. I've heard Denver, Miami and New England as the biggest names nowadays.

Doesn't mean the Jets are out, just means it's not exactly Jets or bust.

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Hey guys sorry to come over here and post with the garbage you are all contending with right now. Just a quick question...

How do you feel your new GM/HC would feel in regards to draft compensation three/four years from now? 

I have seen many hypothetical trades involving the likes of the Bears/SF/Indy who if they did trade for Deshaun would have the quality to be drafting very late for the next decade. So if one of those teams offered say 4 or 5 first rounders would that be more beneficial than say a Jets trade which could yield #2, #23, and next years first etc?

In other words all the draft capital be spread over the next 12 months rather than 4 or 5 years like the other teams mentioned? With your GM and HC in murky water already with all the rubbish around the ownership etc surely they would prefer the picks now so they would be able to make your team better NOW rather than 4/5 years later?? 

My assumption is picks now are more valuable. As you alluded to, the GM/HC aren't exactly fan favorites right now so I feel like they'd want picks now so they can make an impact immediately and build the team the way they want to. Everyone always talks about "3 year plans", but truth is, if you can't show something in year 1, you're not making it to year 3. The reason you see those other scenarios mentioning all those extra picks is because #2, #23, and a Jets 1st next year is a lot more valuable than the 49ers sending us 4 first rounders. Yes, there's a risk that the Jets take off with Watson, but it's not riskier than sending him to the 49ers or another team. 

43 minutes ago, xenajets said:

In other words all the draft capital be spread over the next 12 months rather than 4 or 5 years like the other teams mentioned?

I would love to answer this question, but this GM/HC is both incompetent and irrational - so I can't really peer into their minds.

I'm half expecting Wentz for Watson straight up, because this FO is REALLY insane.

1 minute ago, LORK88 said:

My assumption is picks now are more valuable. As you alluded to, the GM/HC aren't exactly fan favorites right now so I feel like they'd want picks now so they can make an impact immediately and build the team the way they want to. Everyone always talks about "3 year plans", but truth is, if you can't show something in year 1, you're not making it to year 3. The reason you see those other scenarios mentioning all those extra picks is because #2, #23, and a Jets 1st next year is a lot more valuable than the 49ers sending us 4 first rounders. Yes, there's a risk that the Jets take off with Watson, but it's not riskier than sending him to the 49ers or another team. 

That’s my thoughts entirely. The Jets and Dolphins with their abundance of picks now surely holds much more weight than picks 4 or 5 years on from teams like SF etc.

I think and hope the Jets make a trade for him of course. Not that I don’t feel the pain you guys are suffering now because as a Jets fan I know first hand how infuriating the incompetence of a front office coaching staff is!! 

I’d love a fair deal that means you guys get a bounty of picks to go improve your team dramatically and for us to finally get a qb that’s worth the time to invest in. Hopefully we can both come out good (obvs you’d rather keep a happy Deshaun but that’s looking less likely by the day)