Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I would love to answer this question, but this GM/HC is both incompetent and irrational - so I can't really peer into their minds.

I'm half expecting Wentz for Watson straight up, because this FO is REALLY insane.

Hope not Bro. That would be horrible. Just hope you can make the best of a bad situation and at least the end of the draft be looking at several rookies with promising future as a Texan rather than a washed up qb like Wentz on a crazy contract. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Hope not Bro. That would be horrible. Just hope you can make the best of a bad situation and at least the end of the draft be looking at several rookies with promising future as a Texan rather than a washed up qb like Wentz on a crazy contract. 

Honestly, I'm not expecting much. Jack Easterby is basically running this team, given the moves we've recently seen.

I don't expect him to draft based on talent or sign players based on production; He has his moral compass that will drive the roster, so we'll be the nicest 0-16 team in football.

Who else thinks Joel Osteen is kicking himself, knowing now that all he had to do was sidle up to Cal before he hired Jack?

But seriously, Osteen's moral compass seems a bit more flexible, so we'd probably still have Hopkins. Imagine having a front office so pathetic that you wish they hired the local megachurch pastor instead of their current shot-caller, because he would make better football decisions.

The current state of Texans fandom...

• Like 1

this team is doing some of the dumbest s*** ive ever seen, like we're really doubling down on making this a bible camp arent we? not even trying to hide it 

why not change the game opening song to Jesus Freak or something, jfc

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xenajets said:

That’s my thoughts entirely. The Jets and Dolphins with their abundance of picks now surely holds much more weight than picks 4 or 5 years on from teams like SF etc.

I think and hope the Jets make a trade for him of course. Not that I don’t feel the pain you guys are suffering now because as a Jets fan I know first hand how infuriating the incompetence of a front office coaching staff is!! 

I’d love a fair deal that means you guys get a bounty of picks to go improve your team dramatically and for us to finally get a qb that’s worth the time to invest in. Hopefully we can both come out good (obvs you’d rather keep a happy Deshaun but that’s looking less likely by the day) 

All good! The anger the Texans feel isn't for the other teams trying to trade for him, but rather our owner for his ineptitude. A few of us Texans fans talked about this awhile ago, but we've got the two biggest needs taken care of right out the gates (franchise QB, franchise LT) and somehow our owner pisses off the QB so much that he wants out. I'll support Deshaun wherever he goes because he gave it his all whenever he stepped onto the field. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

The only thing darnold has going for him is that he’s cheaper. He’s definately not better. 

why would you be out if they trade Watson, when he’s forced his way out? The Texans have been very clear that they don’t want to trade him. It’s not a repeat of the Hopkins thing. 

LOL I am not going to even respond to this at this point. If you want to continue to back this **** franchise, go for it bud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Honestly, I'm not expecting much. Jack Easterby is basically running this team, given the moves we've recently seen.

I don't expect him to draft based on talent or sign players based on production; He has his moral compass that will drive the roster, so we'll be the nicest 0-16 team in football.

I know man it’s tough to put so much effort, time and money into something that can really be ****ed over by someone who will never know and had their own agendas. I really hope things turn around for you guys. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

All good! The anger the Texans feel isn't for the other teams trying to trade for him, but rather our owner for his ineptitude. A few of us Texans fans talked about this awhile ago, but we've got the two biggest needs taken care of right out the gates (franchise QB, franchise LT) and somehow our owner pisses off the QB so much that he wants out. I'll support Deshaun wherever he goes because he gave it his all whenever he stepped onto the field. 

Oh absolutely. All the Texan fans who’s posts Iv read and interactions Iv had with have been 100% class. Makes it’s even worse when you take into account what Easterby has done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know man it’s tough to put so much effort, time and money into something that can really be ****ed over by someone who will never know and had their own agendas. I really hope things turn around for you guys. 

I appreciate it - and I hope you guys get the QB you need, whether it be Watson or someone else. Jets are looking up, so I know you're in for an exciting next few years.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I appreciate it - and I hope you guys get the QB you need, whether it be Watson or someone else. Jets are looking up, so I know you're in for an exciting next few years.

Thanks man. We’ve had some real dark years with no guarantee this new regime will be any better even with renewed optimism. But come week 1 I will as usual think this will be the year to turn it around lol. 

• Like 1

I know most you guys are done with this franchise and its FO for now.

But as a fan base what would you rather?

Trade Watson for a decent return? Not a kings ransom, but a decent offer like 3 1sts and a 2nd from us.

or

Risk having him in HOU unhappy and deal with him possibly sitting out. Saying he isn't healthy. Or even perhaps take the year off for Covid is that's still offered?

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know most you guys are done with this franchise and its FO for now.

Trade Watson for a decent return? Not a kings ransom, but a decent offer like 3 1sts and a 2nd from us.

or

Risk having him in HOU unhappy and deal with him possibly sitting out. Saying he isn't healthy. Or even perhaps take the year off for Covid is that's still offered?

I have read many of your posts.  I feel as if you are trying to negotiate with the adults in the room (not the Texans' FO right now) that is fans on this page.  We have no sway and clearly the McNairs do not value the opinions of the fans of the team.

Does anything that this team has done in terms of management over the past 3 years or so show reason / logic?

You could have the best offer in the world....

But if a billionaire who inherited his wealth and does not value building anything decides to direct his minions to sit on DW4's contract and make him sit to send a message... there is not much any of us can do.

That being said, I would like to see DW4 prosper.  The glitz and glamor of the NYC metro area may fit his ascending star.

I still won't like it one bit.

Sorry... but the release of JJ Watt has really pushed me over the edge.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd rather not pay attention, if I'm being honest. A dump truck worth of picks or a 5th round pick in 2030 are basically the same when you have an irrational group of people making decisions.

Today isn't a good day for meaningful discussion - I love and respect you've been so willing to engage in this one, but the crown jewel of this franchise was cut today. We're still feeling raw on this one.

• Like 1