Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I know most you guys are done with this franchise and its FO for now.

But as a fan base what would you rather?

Trade Watson for a decent return? Not a kings ransom, but a decent offer like 3 1sts and a 2nd from us.

or

Risk having him in HOU unhappy and deal with him possibly sitting out. Saying he isn't healthy. Or even perhaps take the year off for Covid is that's still offered?

Honestly, I have no faith in the franchise to extract an acceptable value from DW4 in a trade, and even if they did, I don't have any faith in their ability to apply those resources into a winning formula.

Most of the brain-trust that thought David Johnson was worth roughly the same as DHop, because DJ is a nice guy and DHop doesn't drink their Koolaid, is still in place. Let that sink in. A burnt out RB is worth about the same as top 3 WR on a HOF trajectory to them, based on their definition of "character". Keeping in mind that the Texans fan base loved DHop and never questioned his character or commitment like Cal & Jack did.

I actually think Caserio is a reasonably good GM candidate (potentially), but the problem is in the Easterby/McNair tandem. And half of that tandem isn't gone unless the team is sold.

Even if Cal sends Easterby packing tomorrow, does anyone have ANY confidence that he won't just find a new soothsayer shortly afterwards? The formula is established, and every one is aware of what Cal is. New sycophants will be ready to push their way in and enforce Cal's bible camp if Easterby goes. Every other team's FO knows Cal, the final Texans decision maker, is a pathetic rube they can play for their gain.

The future is bleak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I have read many of your posts.  I feel as if you are trying to negotiate with the adults in the room (not the Texans' FO right now) that is fans on this page.  We have no sway and clearly the McNairs do not value the opinions of the fans of the team.

Does anything that this team has done in terms of management over the past 3 years or so show reason / logic?

You could have the best offer in the world....

But if a billionaire who inherited his wealth and does not value building anything decides to direct his minions to sit on DW4's contract and make him sit to send a message... there is not much any of us can do.

That being said, I would like to see DW4 prosper.  The glitz and glamor of the NYC metro area may fit his ascending star.

I still won't like it one bit.

Sorry... but the release of JJ Watt has really pushed me over the edge.

As a Jet fan we sure no what you are going thru, we are in the same boat. Our owners are the Johnson & Johnsons brothers they were give the Jets by their daddy as a toy. We call them THE TRUST FUND KIDS. at least we finally got a good HC & GM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

As a Jet fan we sure no what you are going thru, we are in the same boat. Our owners are the Johnson & Johnsons brothers they were give the Jets by their daddy as a toy. We call them THE TRUST FUND KIDS. at least we finally got a good HC & GM.

What's perfect for the Jets is Saleh is coming from the 49ers, which is a similar situation where Jed York got the team from his parents. The difference is he learned some hard lessons very early on and has taken a back seat since. I'm a huge fan of Saleh, I hope he crushes it for the Jets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

What's perfect for the Jets is Saleh is coming from the 49ers, which is a similar situation where Jed York got the team from his parents. The difference is he learned some hard lessons very early on and has taken a back seat since. I'm a huge fan of Saleh, I hope he crushes it for the Jets. 

Absolutely... Jed helped drive me from my 49ers fandom... this feels much MUCH worse and I CRIED when Jerry took his last lap around Candlestick

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

CMC does nothing for me. 

1)He’s been awfully injury prone 

2)By the time we’re ready to win again, he’ll be out of the picture 

I would rather re-route McCaffrey for another pick (1st rounder???)

Now if the Panthers include Derrick Brown.... (eyes emoji)

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-legend-andre-johnson-blasts-texans-but-hopes-deshaun-watson-stays

The bad:

"I've been around this organization for a long time, and you know I worked there last season, and it's just certain things you see .... "certain things you see that you know that's not right," said Johnson.

"Us as players, we're in the locker room every day, we know what goes on with this team, so we're not telling you things to take over your organization, we're just trying to do things to help. And I think sometimes top people in the organization, they just don't listen to players. And that's something that I felt like I had to deal with a lot when I was here."

The good:

Said Johnson. “Do I really want Deshaun to leave Houston? No. Because I want to see the organization do well. But at the end of the day, I want him to do what's best for him and if not being here is best for him then he don't need to be here."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I saw an interesting trade idea for the sheets again for Watson.

Jets trade in 2021 our 2nd, 23rd and 34th picks. And a 2022 1st for Watson.

Gives you guys a lot of ammo to rebuild faster with 3 picks in the top 34 this year and an additional 1st next year.

I’d take it. 

• Like 1