Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

19 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, but what if he just opts out due to Covid? 

Covid opt outs are only given $150,000 ($350,000 if a player is deemed high risk - which Watson isn't).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29533526/players-opting-2020-nfl-season-coronavirus-concerns-tracking-full-list

He'd get his year of service and his contract would toll, he'd probably avoid fines too - but he'd lose out on millions (and this is assuming the league even has Covid opt outs next season).

If you guys don't trade him... this is what will happen.

He will sit out and play the last 6 games. And those 6 games, do one of two things.

1. Exaggerate an injury to keep him from playing, but it will still count as him there the last 6 games.

2. He will just play awful for you guys on purpose those games.

There's no reason to not trade him. Get the best package you can for him in the next couple weeks and move on. The franchise already has the reputation now of lying to players and guys wanting out. Damage has been done with guys there. Last thing you need is brand new players coming in in FA being lied to being told Watson is the QB, and then he's not. And pissing off brand new players. Start over. Make that trade with MIA, NYJ, CAR, whoever. And start over.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If you guys don't trade him... this is what will happen.

He will sit out and play the last 6 games. And those 6 games, do one of two things.

1. Exaggerate an injury to keep him from playing, but it will still count as him there the last 6 games.

2. He will just play awful for you guys on purpose those games.

There's no reason to not trade him. Get the best package you can for him in the next couple weeks and move on. The franchise already has the reputation now of lying to players and guys wanting out. Damage has been done with guys there. Last thing you need is brand new players coming in in FA being lied to being told Watson is the QB, and then he's not. And pissing off brand new players. Start over. Make that trade with MIA, NYJ, CAR, whoever. And start over.

Preaching to the choir - we get that.

However, we're not the ones making the decisions... are we?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Preaching to the choir - we get that.

However, we're not the ones making the decisions... are we?

Not trying to pile on here... but seriously... what is the point to keep telling Texans' fans "You need to trade him!  You really do!"... We have no say in this (obviously).  If we did, WE... WOULD... NOT... BE... IN... THIS... POSITION

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Not trying to pile on here... but seriously... what is the point to keep telling Texans' fans "You need to trade him!  You really do!"... We have no say in this (obviously).  If we did, WE... WOULD... NOT... BE... IN... THIS... POSITION

Bingo - because if we did:

- Easterby would have been fired within five minutes after week 17.

- Nick Caserio wouldn't have been interviewed.

- Omar Khan would be the new GM.

- Matt Eberflus would be the new HC.

- Jamey Rootes would still be President and CEO.

- JJ Watt would have been retained at a lower cap figure.

The timeline and events would have been DRASTICALLY different if we had a say.

This is a rudderless ship in Houston, and coming on this message board to reiterate what we know is sort of redundant. But hey... keep on saying it, I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Bingo - because if we did:

- Easterby would have been fired within five minutes after week 17.

- Nick Caserio wouldn't have been interviewed.

- Omar Khan would be the new GM.

- Matt Eberflus would be the new HC.

- Jamey Rootes would still be President and CEO.

- JJ Watt would have been retained at a lower cap figure.

The timeline and events would have been DRASTICALLY different if we had a say.

This is a rudderless ship in Houston, and coming on this message board to reiterate what we know is sort of redundant. But hey... keep on saying it, I guess.

All of the above... except Eberflus... I was a Bieniemy guy... but would still have preferred Eberflus over Cully

3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

All of the above... except Eberflus... I was a Bieniemy guy... but would still have preferred Eberflus over Cully

I'm going with that because the Khan/Eberflus package is what Korn Ferry was selling up to Rootes/Cal until Easterby "went to pray" with Cal.

Given where we are now, I'd kill people to get that twosome.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going with that because the Khan/Eberflus package is what Korn Ferry was selling up to Rootes/Cal until Easterby "went to pray" with Cal.

Thanks!  I had not seen that lil bit of info (I knew about Khan, but not the package deal.)

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Thanks!  I had not seen that lil bit of info (I knew about Khan, but not the package deal.)

Had this been the direction, I'd be all on board - couldn't care less about the lack of picks or cap issues, I would know there was a really good turnaround on the way with Watson at the helm.

But, this didn't happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It pains me to read this. There's no guarantee that combination would work, but I feel pretty damn confident that it would. Pittsburgh's cap guru and a top notch DC? It just kills me that all he had to do was listen to the people he was paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Y’all constantly attacking Easterbys faith is disgusting but since a mod is in on it I guess it’s allowed. 

Example? I like to think we've avoided attacking his faith, but I could be interpreting it incorrectly.

And I'll talk to @mse326 about his Mod style.😅

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Example? I like to think we've avoided attacking his faith, but I could be interpreting it incorrectly.

And I'll talk to @mse326 about his Mod style.😅

On 2nd thought - it's probably best I put you back on ignore.