2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Meh...Jayon wasn't good this year. He is solid in coverage though, I suppose. Long has better instincts than Brown and Evans combined. 

brown wasn’t good early but he was rounding into his usual form before he got injured. if you ask me he and long should be our starting backers. try using rashaan as a movable piece on the edge and inside where he can just focus on playing downhill, because he sucks at everything else

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

brown wasn’t good early but he was rounding into his usual form before he got injured. if you ask me he and long should be our starting backers. try using rashaan as a movable piece on the edge and inside where he can just focus on playing downhill, because he sucks at everything else

I could get on board with that. 

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

Meh...Jayon wasn't good this year. He is solid in coverage though, I suppose. Long has better instincts than Brown and Evans combined. 

I legit don’t even know how to judge most of our defensive personnel at this point. Do I buy into the first few years of Jayon and Byard or am I left to believe they’re just bad now? Is Landry a solid, second pass rusher or is he useless? I have no idea.

I like David Long. The coaching staff did a massive disservice to the entire team by refusing to ever play Jayon and Long together.

• Like 2

I also think Jayon is going to be far cheaper than most would guess. Off-ball linebackers in general aren’t in hot demand, and he’s coming off the worst year of his career that got cut short by injury.

My ideal scenario would be to get Jayon back on a shorter deal where he still has a chance to get paid while he’s youngish, pair him with Long, and see if you can get a Hasson Reddick style career resurgence by moving Evans to the edge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I legit don’t even know how to judge most of our defensive personnel at this point. Do I buy into the first few years of Jayon and Byard or am I left to believe they’re just bad now? Is Landry a solid, second pass rusher or is he useless? I have no idea.

I like David Long. The coaching staff did a massive disservice to the entire team by refusing to ever play Jayon and Long together.

yeah there’s also this thing of the coaches appearing to inexplicably love rashaan evans

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah there’s also this thing of the coaches appearing to inexplicably love rashaan evans

It’s incredible to go back and look at David Long’s snap counts before the Jayon injury. 25 total defensive reps in the first eight weeks. Just completely inexcusable.

I’m so ready to move on from Evans. I honestly thought he’d be an all-time great Titan when we drafted him.

he has ZERO leadership skills. And honestly, other than on the goal line, brings zero non-penalty inducing physicality 

I cannot understate how much more physicality and intensity we have on D. 

on that note. Replacing Vaccaro with Hooker full time will be a mistake. Hooker isn’t nice like that.

(I’m speaking about 18-19 Vaccaro)

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

on that note. Replacing Vaccaro with Hooker full time will be a mistake. Hooker isn’t nice like that.

Fact is, there isn’t much of a choice here. Vaccaro was terrible and isn’t worth his salary and we simply have too many holes compared to available money to replace him when we already have a competent replacement on the roster.