2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

don't want any part of bud dupree. coming off an acl tear and didn't do much of anything until tj watt got there. he won't be worth the money he commands. kerrigan teamed with a high draft pick might be the move, although i'm sort of tired of trying to rely on geriatric edge rushers.

I think we should be looking to stockpile good, physical players on the DL rather than trying to go and get a single sack artist

Look at SF last year.

Armstead - 10 sacks

Bosa - 9

Buckner - 7.5

Ford - 6.5

Granted, there's a lot of legit talent right there. But I think this is what we need to look to duplicate. Define a system, get guys that buy into it and play hard/physical football, reap the rewards. Obviously easier said than done, but I'd rather us get 2 "good players" than 1 "star" that we live and die with.

I want Clowney back if the $ is right. Clowney, Simmons, Landry...tack on a guy or two from that list. We'd be in business.

PS -- signing beasley over Leonard Floyd was a SIN

• Like 4

is it crazy of me to want brooks reed back purely as a depth piece? we're in deep trouble if he's getting significant snaps, but he produced more in a few weeks than the wyatt rays of the squad have produced in their entire time here. if he wants to come back in their role (ie borderline practice squad/injury insurance) i'd take him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think we should be looking to stockpile good, physical players on the DL rather than trying to go and get a single sack artist

Look at SF last year.

Armstead - 10 sacks

Bosa - 9

Buckner - 7.5

Ford - 6.5

Granted, there's a lot of legit talent right there. But I think this is what we need to look to duplicate. Define a system, get guys that buy into it and play hard/physical football, reap the rewards. Obviously easier said than done, but I'd rather us get 2 "good players" than 1 "star" that we live and die with.

I want Clowney back if the $ is right. Clowney, Simmons, Landry...tack on a guy or two from that list. We'd be in business.

That would be an ideal case, sure, but three of those players were 1st round picks, two of them were top 10 picks, they also spent a top 5 pick on Thomas, in addition to the 2nd round they spent on Ford, followed by making him one of the highest paid players in the league at the position.

That is a lot invested in DL.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Look at SF last year.

Armstead - 10 sacks

Bosa - 9

Buckner - 7.5

Ford - 6.5

Yeah if you look at Washington, this is obviously the best strategy. Just takes time and resources.

Armstead- 1st round pick(17)
Bosa- 1st round pick  (2)
Buckner- 1st round pick (7)
Ford- 1st round pick (23), traded to Niners for an 2nd round pick.

3 years worth of picking in top 20. Trading a 2nd round pick. 

Anyway to speed up that process a little? lol

Well I guess you could say
Simmons- 1st round
Landry- 2nd round
Clowney-1st round
Draft pick 1st round

:)

well, i mean....we started the year with simmons, landry, clowney, and beasley. so clearly that was the strategy we were going for. it just didn't work out because clowney and beasley were horrific acquisitions. i'm honestly not convinced i even want clowney back. what did he even do that we want to give him another go?

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, i mean....we started the year with simmons, landry, clowney, and beasley. so clearly that was the strategy we were going for. it just didn't work out because clowney and beasley were horrific acquisitions. i'm honestly not convinced i even want clowney back. what did he even do that we want to give him another go?

Not a damn thing

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yeah, I’m kinda done with the Clowney thing. For a one year, cheap prove it deal sure, but there’s no evidence he’s down to doing that. Plus the injury history that was a concern before, is now a huge red flag now.

57 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

is it crazy of me to want brooks reed back purely as a depth piece? we're in deep trouble if he's getting significant snaps, but he produced more in a few weeks than the wyatt rays of the squad have produced in their entire time here. if he wants to come back in their role (ie borderline practice squad/injury insurance) i'd take him.

This goes into my earlier point. A guy like Reed — yes. Plays high effort all the time and is just another GUY that can get to the QB if you keep his reps limited 

for ten snaps a game — yes

54 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

That would be an ideal case, sure, but three of those players were 1st round picks, two of them were top 10 picks, they also spent a top 5 pick on Thomas, in addition to the 2nd round they spent on Ford, followed by making him one of the highest paid players in the league at the position.

That is a lot invested in DL.

Good points. I certainly wouldn’t mind us investing more in DL. Said this in an earlier thread, no more Sly Williams/Brett Urban/Jack Crawford type guys. Need better talent 

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I am about it. Two sacks in two weeks, when he had only been with the team 3 in total I believe. Looking like an all star when you look at our porous pass rush. He came and played with the effort to win a matchup just based on hustle and grit. Would be nice to throw him in to provide a spark in the pass rush.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Half those sacks came against Lamar can’t play QB Jackson dont read too much into it 

We desperately need help on the defensive line. Dickerson, Crawford, and Murchison are basically useless. Tartt flashed but I wouldn't confidently rely on him having a huge role. A true nose tackle would be nice so Jones could move back to his natural position of 5 tech.