2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Was thinking about our Big 3 FA's (Jonnu, Jayon and Corey Davis). 

I done talked myself into thinking we won't bring any of them back.

Do you all see a scenario where we don't bring any of them back?

I actually think there's a very good chance they don't return any of them.

All three will be expensive, and all three have replacement options.

Jonnu will cost a good bit, and we've gotten good production from Pruitt and Firkser.  Throw in Swaim and you have a decent combo of TEs, and you save some much needed money.

Jayon looks to have been replaced by David Long, which also frees up money.  Another decent depth piece will be needed, but that will be much cheaper than re-signing Brown.

Davis will be the most expensive of the three, and the team is more likely to sign a decent depth player with Humphries money than re-sign a luxury player.

Spend the money you do have on a pass rusher.  Doesn't have to be a world beater, but unless we rework several contracts, we don't have the money to spend on much else.  And we can't just rely on the draft for front seven help.

Now I don't expect the cap to actually go down, because the NFLPA will raise hell.  After all, there are a lot of teams in worse financial shape than we are, so that would mean either every team reworking half their active contracts, or just half the league having no money to sign free agents at all, and a ton of players out of work.

But, even then, we don't have much cap space, and other than fielding an actual team, I don't see us having the money to sign more than maybe one significant contributor, and that contributor has to be a front seven guy.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Was thinking about our Big 3 FA's (Jonnu, Jayon and Corey Davis). 

I done talked myself into thinking we won't bring any of them back.

Do you all see a scenario where we don't bring any of them back?

I think Davis is gone. I do hope we make a play for Marvin Jones, as I've mentioned before.

I think Jonnu is going to be cheaper than we might think. He'd be the first one of those three I'd bring back.

Jayon is interesting. His stock is low right now. I think it'll depend on if JRob thinks we can improve at that position. I do think we need a bit more size at LB, but Jayon's coverage ability is so valuable. He's also a playmaker.

One guy I do want to try and bring back is King. Our secondary was bad this year, but he just seems like a "piece" to me, especially with a DC who would know how to use him.

Edited by deeluxx3

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think Davis is gone. I do hope we make a play for Marvin Jones, as I've mentioned before.

I think Jonnu is going to be cheaper than we might think. He'd be the first one of those three I'd bring back.

Jayon is interesting. His stock is low right now. I think it'll depend on if JRob thinks we can improve at that position. I do think we need a bit more size at LB, but Jayon's coverage ability is so valuable. He's also a playmaker.

One guy I do want to try and bring back is King. Our secondary was bad this year, but he just seems like a "piece" to me, especially with a DC who would know how to use him.

I dont think theres anyway we bring back jayon.. especially how we long played.. this team is gonna get cheap fast and the drop off from jayon to long is not that prevalent.

also, king is gone. he didnt do anything in my eyes to warrant a second contract.. plus, we just drafted fulton in the second.. even if malcom and adoree are back, are you  gonna pay at least 4-5 million for a dime DB? no... they will side with fulton over king.. i gurantee that.. even if malcom leaves, id go with borders over king.. king did what he was suppose to do.. stabalize the position for last year.. he's gone and should be.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

get. AJ. the ball. more.

He said as much on his Verzuz thing yesterday. He said he doing all he doing in a run first offense with fewer targets.

If he was with a pass first offense, he would be looking at GOAT status..lol (my words not his)

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He said as much on his Verzuz thing yesterday. He said he doing all he doing in a run first offense with fewer targets.

If he was with a pass first offense, he would be looking at GOAT status..lol (my words not his)

the day we realize that we need to make Ryan/AJ as big of a part of our offense as Derrick is the day that our offense will be able to "hang" in January

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

the day we realize that we need to make Ryan/AJ as big of a part of our offense as Derrick is the day that our offense will be able to "hang" in January

Nothing wrong with establishing the run game. 

But do we have to do it at the sacrafice of the other weapons?
AJ is a legit WR dawg. Everything I saw from him just last night talking to Prime and goin back and forth with Jefferson, lets me know this is the guy we've been wishing to have since we became the Titans. No disrespect to Drew Bennett or Derrick Mason, but AJ is better than both. 

We can win just as easily feeding him as we can running Henry. 

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

With Denver likely to cut Casey, would anyone be interested in bringing him back? He should come cheap at age 31 and coming off a season ending injury. Would be nice to have his leadership back and help in the trenches is always a good thing.

As a fan, yea

If I'm Casey...I'm not coming back to tennessee

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nothing wrong with establishing the run game. 

But do we have to do it at the sacrafice of the other weapons?
AJ is a legit WR dawg. Everything I saw from him just last night talking to Prime and goin back and forth with Jefferson, lets me know this is the guy we've been wishing to have since we became the Titans. No disrespect to Drew Bennett or Derrick Mason, but AJ is better than both. 

We can win just as easily feeding him as we can running Henry. 

A disciplined defense can successfully sell-out and "remove" Henry from the game. We saw it against Baltimore and KC in the AFCCG

You cannot win a super bowl solely on the back of your RB. Not gonna happen. 

AJ is an absolute game breaker who is only going to get better. He's going to be as good of a WR as Derrick is a RB...if we give him the opportunity to.

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

A disciplined defense can successfully sell-out and "remove" Henry from the game. We saw it against Baltimore and KC in the AFCCG

You cannot win a super bowl solely on the back of your RB. Not gonna happen. 

AJ is an absolute game breaker who is only going to get better. He's going to be as good of a WR as Derrick is a RB...if we give him the opportunity to.

We saw first hand how much one WR can single handedly change an offense in Hopkins. Hopkins would get almost 10 targets a game and got the Texans division championships. 
So imagine doing that and adding in the dymanic of Henry. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

We saw first hand how much one WR can single handedly change an offense in Hopkins. Hopkins would get almost 10 targets a game and got the Texans division championships. 
So imagine doing that and adding in the dymanic of Henry. :)

Such a crazy idea!!!

This is why I’m really interested in Pep Hamilton. He gets the importance of throwing the ball and good QB play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

As a fan, yea

If I'm Casey...I'm not coming back to tennessee

This.  Casey clearly felt betrayed by the Titans, and I don't blame him.

Also, it was a ****ty move from a football perspective.

But yeah, if there's any way to bridge that gap, please get this man back in 99.

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This.  Casey clearly felt betrayed by the Titans, and I don't blame him.

Also, it was a ****ty move from a football perspective.

But yeah, if there's any way to bridge that gap, please get this man back in 99.

It really wasn’t that crappy

They could have asked for a pay cut and instead they traded him and allowed him to keep his salary 

24 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It really wasn’t that crappy

They could have asked for a pay cut and instead they traded him and allowed him to keep his salary 

getting traded for a 7th rounder is insulting. and Casey even went on record saying he was pissed