2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Though, to his credit, he took over as a secondary coach in Pittsburgh and in the last two years, Minah went from above average to great, Haden had a career revival and they’ve ranked in the top five in pass defense both years.

his most recent year as a DC was marvin lewis's last year in cincy...i feel pretty comfortable just tossing that one out lol. time in detroit was sort of weird. his first year there his defense was, no exaggeration, an elite unit- 2nd in yards and 3rd in points allowed. but every year after that it was in the middle of the pack. i barely remember those caldwell lions teams at all. not sure what happened there.

i wonder whether we'll give demeco ryans another look. he could be an interesting fit here since he has history with vrabel but has also spent time working under robert saleh. but i kind of suspect vrabel might not want to go with a first-time playcaller after the debacle with bowen.

Edited by -Hope-

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i wonder whether curtis samuel will come cheaper in FA than resigning corey. we could really use a guy who can take the top off the defense who *isn't* kalif raymond. samuel can do that while fitting nicely into the #2 role beside AJ.

He’s somebody I would definitely look at. He has the run after catch ability and can take the top off the defense, which is something our offense needs. I wanted us to draft him when he was coming out. 

So who is everyone’s top pass-rusher they want in FA. It’s a pretty solid group assuming most guys make it to FA.

Bud Dupree - Coming off a torn ACL and was talked about as a bust before Watt got there. 28 before next season 

Matthew Judon - Will be 30 before next season and has never hit 10 sacks although close.

Yannick Ngakoue - Will he even hit FA after Baltimore traded for him. 26 by next season but hasn’t looked that good for Baltimore. Definitely has shown to be a very good pass-rusher.

Von Miller(Team Option) - I can’t see him not being back with Denver but certainly a trade option. Will be 32 going into next season and coming off a knee injury.

Shaquil Barrett - Only 28 and still playing extremely well. Had his huge breakout season last year with almost 20 sacks. Still had 8 this year.

Jadeveon Clowney - People can say what they want but his impact was below average. Couldn’t even generate 1 sack and another knee issue. Just not very good at rushing the passer.

Justin Houston - Still playing pretty well. 8 sacks this year. Will be 32 before next season.

Ryan Kerrigan - 5.5 sacks but was pretty much the backup by the end of the year behind two incredibly talented edge rushers in Sweat and Young. 33 before next season. Believed we inquired about him at the deadline.

Olivier Vernon - 9 sacks this season playing next to Garrett. Will 31 mid season. 

Leonard Floyd - Had his breakout year this season with 10.5 sacks. Will be 29 in September.

I believe I hit all the big ones.

41 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So who is everyone’s top pass-rusher they want in FA. It’s a pretty solid group assuming most guys make it to FA.

Bud Dupree - Coming off a torn ACL and was talked about as a bust before Watt got there. 28 before next season 

Matthew Judon - Will be 30 before next season and has never hit 10 sacks although close.

Yannick Ngakoue - Will he even hit FA after Baltimore traded for him. 26 by next season but hasn’t looked that good for Baltimore. Definitely has shown to be a very good pass-rusher.

Von Miller(Team Option) - I can’t see him not being back with Denver but certainly a trade option. Will be 32 going into next season and coming off a knee injury.

Shaquil Barrett - Only 28 and still playing extremely well. Had his huge breakout season last year with almost 20 sacks. Still had 8 this year.

Jadeveon Clowney - People can say what they want but his impact was below average. Couldn’t even generate 1 sack and another knee issue. Just not very good at rushing the passer.

Justin Houston - Still playing pretty well. 8 sacks this year. Will be 32 before next season.

Ryan Kerrigan - 5.5 sacks but was pretty much the backup by the end of the year behind two incredibly talented edge rushers in Sweat and Young. 33 before next season. Believed we inquired about him at the deadline.

Olivier Vernon - 9 sacks this season playing next to Garrett. Will 31 mid season. 

Leonard Floyd - Had his breakout year this season with 10.5 sacks. Will be 29 in September.

If I had my pick, I'd give Clowney one more look. Not the most talented pure pass rusher, but at his best, he is better as an all around player than most on that list. Should not cost us a lot and probably won't require a long term commitment.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I honestly might go with the grizzled vet in Houston or Kerrigan, teamed up with a first or second round draft pick.

Either that or take a chance on a guy like Carl Lawson and also team him with a high draft pick.