2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

54 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

getting traded for a 7th rounder is insulting. and Casey even went on record saying he was pissed

Ya he was pissed fine 

But I’m saying it could have been worse 

But it’s also a business and just about everyone was more than fine with trading Casey for Clowney

But they didn’t even mess with his pay so I don’t think they treated him that bad 

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya he was pissed fine 

But it’s also a business and just about everyone was more than fine with trading Casey for Clowney

But they didn’t even mess with his pay so I don’t think they treated him that bad 

Exactly.  By trading him, Denver had to assume his current salary which would not have been that high had he been cut.  And he's not approaching that this year either.

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya he was pissed fine 

His problem with it IIRC, was the fact that they never even approached him about it.  They made the deal, then called and said "Pack up you're going to Denver for a pick that won't make the roster."  I don't think he cares that much about the money issue.

And don't talk about oh it's a business so it's fine.  It is a business.  And in business, professional courtesy is something you should always practice, specifically so you don't burn bridges like this.

Jurrell on a team friendly contract would be a lifesaver right now.  But it won't happen.  Bad move by JRob.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We are going to be passed by the Colts.

They are going to find a QB and the defense will just get better. 

We find new things to make us think the sky is falling every week

this Bowen decision feels different. Feels like the wheels are loosening more and more before they come completely off...

Well, if you want an optimistic point of view, the draft has been where Robinson shines, and since we mostly seem to believe this is a Vrabel decision, at least he won’t be involved.

And guys, the DL and Edge classes look super deep. We can get some quality help up front.

The 2020 draft class will look better if Fulton develops, which he should.

And if either Murchison or Tart can become a contributor at all, we don’t look nearly as bad on defense.

With more talent, even Shane Bowen should get better results.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, if you want an optimistic point of view, the draft has been where Robinson shines, and since we mostly seem to believe this is a Vrabel decision, at least he won’t be involved.

And guys, the DL and Edge classes look super deep. We can get some quality help up front.

And if either Murchison or Tart can become a contributor at all, we don’t look nearly as bad on defense.

Talent can only do so much.... look at Byard. All-pro to flat out bum. It doesn’t matter who we draft because who the hell is developing them? We have absolutely no good coaches on the defensive side. 

32 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Has he though? At this point Adoree Jackson is the only 1st round pick to see a 5th year in TN and the likihood of him seeing a 2nd contract at this point is dwindling. At this point Evan's isn't trending in that direction either.  For every Derrick Henry, there's a Kevin Dodd. For every Jeff Simmons theres an Isaiah Wilson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Has he though? At this point Adoree Jackson is the only 1st round pick to see a 5th year in TN and the likihood of him seeing a 2nd contract at this point is dwindling. At this point Evan's isn't trending in that direction either.  For every Derrick Henry, there's a Kevin Dodd. For every Jeff Simmons theres an Isaiah Wilson. 

yep. jon robinson has hit on some star players in the middle rounds but his first round record is looking increasingly weak. if guys like jackson and evans- not to mention the outright bust dodd- had actually lived up to their draft position we probably wouldn't be talking so much about how bad our defense is.

Even with this past draft class, J Rob has had more hits than misses when it comes to the draft. We’ve had arguably the two best draft class in Titans history (2016 and 2019) under him.

I don’t think 5 straight winning seasons and back to back playoff appearances would be possible without good drafting (see our drafts from 2010-2015).

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Even with this past draft class, J Rob has had more hits than misses when it comes to the draft. We’ve had arguably the two best draft class in Titans history (2016 and 2019) under him.

I don’t think 5 straight winning seasons and back to back playoff appearances would be possible without good drafting (see our drafts from 2010-2015).

Name me the hits... and by hits I mean players who will definitely see a 2nd contract with the Titans. Cuz outside of Henry, byard, AJ brown and Nate Davis I'm coming up blank. I dont count guys who left. So Conklin doesn't count, Corey Davis probably wont see a 2nd contract. Maybe Jonnu, maybe Jayon, but even those are shaky rn. David Long is solid, we'll see where he fits if they resign Jayon. Adoree is in a prove it year. Landry is average, probably a role player on a good defense. We'll see if Hooker can take over for Vacarro. 

Edited by Chocolateman78

13 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Name me the hits... and by hits I mean players who will definitely see a 2nd contract with the Titans. Cuz outside of Henry, byard, AJ brown and Nate Davis I'm coming up blank. I dont count guys who left. So Conklin doesn't count, Corey Davis probably wont see a 2nd contract. Maybe Jonnu, maybe Jayon, but even those are shaky rn. David Long is solid, we'll see where he fits if they resign Jayon. Adoree is in a prove it year. Landry is average, probably a role player on a good defense. We'll see if Hooker can take over for Vacarro. 

Players being too good for us to afford shouldn’t count against Robinson.

Not getting a second contract doesn’t mean they weren’t hits.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

You just named 10 guys who started (and played well for the most part) for a playoff team the last two seasons and 2 more guys who were spot starters/key role players in those same two seasons. All drafted within 2016-2019.

I really don’t know what to say if you don’t consider that successful/hits. And like Daniel said, a 2nd contract here doesn’t mean they weren’t draft “hits” if another team is willing to dish out big money to them. For example, would Derrick Henry be considered a “miss” if we decided not to resign him last offseason and another team gave him a big deal? I don’t think so.

Edited by TitanSlim