TNF: Eagles @ Panthers

TheRealMcCoy

what was the over/under on this game

those were some of the worst play calls in that situation i have EVER seen, and i watched the 2nd down call with dak throwing on the goal line againist the packers

straight sabatoge

somebody who runs the nfl wants wentzy boy to be a star

never seen cam make those mistakes before...  4 straight deep balls... when have 1 timeout, less than 4 minutes, and all of that field in front of you.. HORRIBLE

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Cam Newton overthrows a LOTTT

Well, the Panthers offense needs a guy who can stretch the field so fast that Cam can't (not in a literal sense) overthrow.  He used to have that.  His name was Ted.  Ted moved.  So that crucial deep pass element of the Panthers offense just isn't as effective anymore. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Game over. Cam is starting to become another Kaepernick. 

But the Panthers D is for real though.

This is just ridiculous.  Every time Cam plays well like he did the past two weeks, people like you go to ground and are nowhere to be seen, and as soon as he struggles--against a top notch defense no less--it's all Cam sux!!!!

He has his flaws.  But a Kaepernick he is not.

Just now, riceman80 said:

Terrible calling by Shula. Deep routes pretty much across the board on all 3 downs. Don't understand that

Yeah, this is the frustrating part. Sometimes the playcalling seems good, hitting the big receivers on intermediate routes and McCaffrey underneath. Other times...you get whatever that was.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You'd have thought that if the refs really had a bias for the Panthers...that'd have been the play to call a penalty on.  I'm sure they could have found holding somewhere.

Overturn the turnover and give Carolina a new set of downs.

But hey...ref bias is clearly real.  

dumb argument

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

Carolina RB's have combined for 1 rushing yard. There's no run game to abandon.

They've been using the draw with success.  

Also hitting WRs on out routes well.  

Those 3 play calls were straight up toilet. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

You'd have thought that if the refs really had a bias for the Panthers...that'd have been the play to call a penalty on.  I'm sure they could have found holding somewhere.

Overturn the turnover and give Carolina a new set of downs.

But hey...ref bias is clearly real.  

I’m not talking about this game specifically, but referee bias is more implicit than explicit IMO. I don’t think most referees go into a game thinking “alright, the Eagles are screwed this game”, but I do think some crews/guys in particular have a bias for or against certain teams.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

dumb argument

It's soooo so so so much better than the silly "OMG the refs are out to get us" crap people have been spouting.  

If a ref was going to have bias in a game..why not have bias on the most important plays?

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not talking about this game specifically, but referee bias is more implicit than explicit IMO. I don’t think most referees go into a game thinking “alright, the Eagles are screwed this game”, but I do think some crews/guys in particular have a bias for or against certain teams.

Ex. Bill Vinovich is biased against the Rams (and not so coincidentally, Rams are 0-6 in games he reffed over the past 5 years).

Archived