TNF: Eagles @ Panthers

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, CKSteeler said:

The Eagles are a 4-1 team?

Eagles are a very good team, if not a great team.  Wasn't really a slight at them.  Just going into the season, if we were going to win 2 games in this tough 3 game stretch, I didn't expect it to be the 2 road games against good teams instead of the home game we had.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not talking about this game specifically, but referee bias is more implicit than explicit IMO. I don’t think most referees go into a game thinking “alright, the Eagles are screwed this game”, but I do think some crews/guys in particular have a bias for or against certain teams.

You can argue that...my annoyance comes from fanboys who act like the refs are out to get them every week.  Ignorance like that annoys me.  

Just now, iknowcool said:

Goes on the road and beats the Patriots/Lions in back to back weeks, sandwiched in between home losses to the Saints and Eagles.

What a weird team.

I guess.  But I don't think losing to the Eagles, despite it being a home game, is a terrible result.  Sure you don't want to lose at home, but they are a really good team.  The defense is legit, and I think the offense has a chance to be really good as well, even if it isn't quite there, at least not consistently.

And if Stewart doesn't guide that screen pass directly to an Eagle defender in their red zone, that's 7 less points on the board for them.  Little plays like that are the difference. Teams haven't been that far apart.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

It's soooo so so so much better than the silly "OMG the refs are out to get us" crap people have been spouting.  

If a ref was going to have bias in a game..why not have bias on the most important plays?

The refs have definitely made at least a handful of bad calls against the Eagles and none against the Panthers (except maybe the McLeod hit where they said he held up).

A few of the plays being huge penalties/plays makes it more glaring.

That last INT was a route miscommunication and a missed adjustment according to the coverage by the WR who should have broken inside, but I see there's an enormous amount of bias of whom immediately slam Cam. Which is always interesting to see regarding a player like Newton. 

5 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

This is just ridiculous.  Every time Cam plays well like he did the past two weeks, people like you go to ground and are nowhere to be seen, and as soon as he struggles--against a top notch defense no less--it's all Cam sux!!!!

He has his flaws.  But a Kaepernick he is not.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year with the injuries but this season he has no excuses. He has played TWO good defenses this season and have failed against both of them.

FYI, I like Cam and also understand that he needs more targets (especially without Olsen) but I have yet to see him elevate ANY other skill position player, ever. 

Just now, Carmen Cygni said:

That last INT was a route miscommunication and a missed adjustment according to the coverage by the WR who should have broken inside, but I see there's an enormous amount of bias of whom immediately slam Cam. Which is always interesting to see regarding a player like Newton. 

That 3 play series, at least to me, is entirely on Shula

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You can argue that...my annoyance comes from fanboys who act like the refs are out to get them every week.  Ignorance like that annoys me.  

I doubt they are out to get the Eagles.

These refs just suck. We've dealt with this crew and their awfulness before.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year with the injuries but this season he has no excuses. he has TWO good defenses this season and have failed against both of them.

FYI, I like Cam and also understand that he needs more targets (especially without Olsen) but I have yet to see him elevate ANY other skill position player, ever. 

Lions don't have a good defense?

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The refs have definitely made at least a handful of bad calls against the Eagles and none against the Panthers (except maybe the McLeod hit where they said he held up).

A few of the plays being huge penalties/plays makes it more glaring.

There is a huge difference in refs making a couple bad calls and them being biased.

Refs make bad calls every game.  It happens and is part of the game.  Just like how a subjective strike zone is part of baseball.  

But just because your team may have gotten a couple more bad calls than the opponent is in no way indicative of ref bias.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year with the injuries but this season he has no excuses. he has TWO good defenses this season and have failed against both of them.

Sure...

Going 15-1 and storming to the Super Bowl with the likes of Ted Ginn and Philly Brown as your best WRs isn't elevating skill position players.

C'mon man.

Archived