2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

@jch1911  I like that Fabian Moreau picked up.   I wanted to, but I guess he graded out poorly and no one else was on board.

Yeah... I wanted to ask the WFT forum why he didn't play... he has the tools... doesn't look like a spectacular mess-up and had a criminally low APY.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Giants sign

• 1125 - James Hurst - OT
    • Swing tackle to push the RT rookie.
  • 0385 - Carlos Watkins - 34DE
    • Clemson
    • 2020 stats
  • 1225 - Jermaine Eluemunor - LG
    • Versatile LT/LG 
  • 0043 - Adrian Colbert - S
    • Resign - Depth

Short and sweet...I'm tired.

Nice pick up on Watkins... I had hopes for him l8r (probably should have at least at a re-sign offer on him :( )

Green Bay round 3

Matt Breida -- #2 RB and compliment to AJ Dillon.   Good value and had some production in the Shanahan (LaFleur) system

Brett Jones -- Slots in as a starting center and allow GB to have some options in getting the best 5 OL on the field with ability to cover injuries

Missed out on 

Efe Obana -- Depth Edge

Edited by squire12

Just now, jch1911 said:

Nice pick up on Watkins... I had hopes for him l8r (probably should have at least at a re-sign offer on him :( )

His 2020 stats were solid, didn't get a chance to see why he didn't have many starts or starts in previous years.  Was it injury or performance?

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

His 2020 stats were solid, didn't get a chance to see why he didn't have many starts or starts in previous years.  Was it injury or performance?

Lil column A... lil Column B... not sure if they were trying to develop him as 34DT or 34DE... you had JJ on one side and then picked up PJ this year... previously there was Covington, Heath, Blackson, etc.

I just got the vibe he never meshed with coaching staff, but since he was on "cheap" contract.. they held on to him

Bengals re-signed Clark Harris, a longsnapper who has never had a bad snap in his career.

Also added Joe Flacco as backup QB. Hopefully he's never on the field but he's an upgrade from Brandon Allen and can tell Burrow what it's like to win a Superbowl.

Also signed Larry Warford and Marcus Cannon to start on the right side of the O-line. Had to beat another bid for Warford, who sat out last year with covid but was a probowler in 2017-2019.

Cannon may retire irl but also sat out last year and was the best RT option. 

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Lil column A... lil Column B... not sure if they were trying to develop him as 34DT or 34DE... you had JJ on one side and then picked up PJ this year... previously there was Covington, Heath, Blackson, etc.

I just got the vibe he never meshed with coaching staff, but since he was on "cheap" contract.. they held on to him

Cool...thanks for the info.

Plan to mix him into the line up at NT/DE.  Share playing time with Dexter Lawrence and BJ Hill as the run stuffers of the group.  His pro football reference stats; TFL, QB Hits and PD make me think he's can rattle the QB at times. 

Not bad for a big man.

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       42 18 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 2 0 0 4.0 74 38 36 9 5   9
2017 24 HOU   91 12 6 0 0 0 0 1           0.0 21 9 12 3 0   3
2018 25 HOU   91 4 0                     1.0 3 2 1 1 1   0
2019 26 HOU   91 10 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1.0 23 10 13 1 2   2
2020 27 HOU DE 91 16 11 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 2.0 27 17 10 4 2   4