2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Steelers haven't released any statement yet.

Goal of the off-season was to move on from big Ben. 

enter Jalen Hurts - now our off-season will be basically graded on how you view hurts, I for one am I believer and he's a perfect fit for the Matt Canada offense 

Goal #2 get better in the run game

Matt Canada offense scheme should be better

Jalen Hurts and the RPO 

Donovan Smith at LT gives us a solid young tackle who should be better in the run game 

Austin ekelar a good RB who can split carries with Snell 

Jonnu Smith is a good dual threat at TE and will pair nicely with Ebron

Goal #3 fix the o line 

Brought In LT Donovan Smith and C Ethan pocic as well as resigned Zach Banner (who the coaching staff IRL is very high on) 

Starting 5 of Smith , Dotson, Pocic, decastro , banner/chuks

Goal #4 retool the defense

Tag and extension bud Dupree , and extended TJ watt 

signed Jayon Brown as a running mate with Devin Bush at ILB ( tired of watching Vince Williams covering WRs)

Signed Nickell Roby-Coleman and traded for Julian love to compete for the nickel CB spot 

Signed keanu Neal for depth and to push Terrel Edmunds and either one of those guys can play the big nickel role 

Traded for Malcolm Brown for NT that was left vacant by the loss of analulu

Goal #5 negate the loss of Juju 

signed jonnu Smith and traded for Christian Kirk and Austin Ekelar 

They should all help ease the loss of Juju 

Looking forward to the rest of FA and draft

Edited by Cbrunn

6 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Goal #2 get better in the run game

Duane brown at LT gives us a solid young tackle who should be better in the run game

Young compared to Andrew Whitworth maybe lol

I like the Ekeler signing (unless the money is nuts I guess lol, playerwise though nice) and if I remember right you didn't get hosed on trading for Hurts either. Getting Hurts when you were a playoff team and likely out of range for the top QBs was an interesting and pretty good path.

Edited by Trojan

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

I like the Ekeler signing (unless the money is nuts I guess lol, playerwise though nice) and if I remember right you didn't get hosed on trading for Hurts either. Getting Hurts when you were a playoff team and likely out of range for the top QBs was an interesting and pretty good path.

Future 2nd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Donovan Smith I meant to type i have no idea why I said Duane brown hahaha 

Ekelar cost me a 3rd Rd but cap hits for the next like 3 years are 4 million, not bad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Update your trade block peeps. Lots of players showing which have been released or already traded.

I’m interested to see if any of those values have dropped due to longevity or real life events.

@squire12@T-rade@FinneasGage@BowserBroncos@cortes02you all have players listed I like.

If you are interested in a player, probably need to either make an off or at least reach out to the GM to start a discussion. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If you are interested in a player, probably need to either make an off or at least reach out to the GM to start a discussion. 

I have all of you have told me prices previously or have a value against them on trade block thread but checking to see if the prices have dropped yet.

49 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Update your trade block peeps. Lots of players showing which have been released or already traded.

I’m interested to see if any of those values have dropped due to longevity or real life events.

@squire12@T-rade@FinneasGage@BowserBroncos@cortes02you all have players listed I like.

pm me who you want 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Not really, but everything is negotiable of course

• Like 1