2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, ny92mike said:

@squire12 I so want to start this draft a little earlier.  Just hate to screw with the schedule, but we may need to do it anyway.  If we give a 3 to 5 day notice I don't think too many would be terribly upset.

Let me know what you think.

We could create a thread long enough to get a vote count from everyone and then have @EaglesPeteC delete it. 

We finally have a mod assigned to this sub forum now so lets put him to work.

I'm also looking at changing the FA schedule to a Mon - Wed - Fri or Tues - Thurs - Sunday.

Lets figure this out and make that change as well.  This waiting around for paint to dry is boring as hell and is killing the buzz of this mock draft.  At this point, I figure if we provide sufficient notice of a schedule change there shouldn't be an issue.  Life throws curveballs at us all the time, we can find a way to adapt.  

It's time to get this mock moving along like it's always been done in the past.  Trying to dance around weekends off has made us overthink everything with this schedule.  

Lets figure it out and we can send out private messages to notify everyone of the change in dates as well as tag everyone with this final schedule change.  

I just can't do this any longer I'm bored as hell so I can only imagine what you guys are thinking.

@squire12 

I'm looking at this schedule change to kick this mock in motion.  However, if we're good with this then we need to finalize it so that I can get notification out to everyone no later than tomorrow.

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - MONDAY FEB 22nd @ 8pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – WEDNESDAY  FEB 24th @ 8pm

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

LINK TO DRAFT BOARD CONTAINING TIME SLOTS

• Wed, FEB 24TH @ 10am est.

• 40 MINUTES is allotted for each pick in all 7 rounds.

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – FRIDAY FEB 26th @ 8pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

IMPORTANT:  The required trigger for Reserve Bids to enter the FA Award process is removed, so any valid contract from the reserve bidding sheet will be included.  So make these are still players that you want to add and adjust any amounts.

• Deadline to have contracts created - MONDAY March 1st @ 8pm

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (70% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – WEDNESDAY March 3RD @ 8pm

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (80% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - FRIDAY March 5th @ 8pm

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (90% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – MONDAY March 8th @ 8pm

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – WEDNESDAY March 10th @ 8pm

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – FRIDAY March 12th @ 8pm

25 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think the constant changes is also making it less active.   Just my opinion though 

I get that too...

It's dead either way I go, but if we did the schedule change we can be pissed off while drafting players...ha.

I don't even know what to do anymore to be honest.  Worst mock draft ever...sad I'm even part of it.

We don't have to change anything, just really frustrated with it all.  

Nothing has gone as planned and not to be telling all my personal business but this herniated disc has gotten a LOT WORSE, I'm having a procedure on Monday to see if it gives me some relief.  I'm now on the emergency surgery list to have my neck fused, so there is a good chance that I have this surgery by the end of next week, I'm just not sure at this point when it will happen.  So all this schedule talk is my attempt to move things up and get us at least into the draft phase of this mock should I have to bail.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We don't have to change anything, just really frustrated with it all.  

Nothing has gone as planned and not to be telling all my personal business but this herniated disc has gotten a LOT WORSE, I'm having a procedure on Monday to see if it gives me some relief.  I'm now on the emergency surgery list to have my neck fused, so there is a good chance that I have this surgery by the end of next week, I'm just not sure at this point when it will happen.  So all this schedule talk is my attempt to move things up and get us at least into the draft phase of this mock should I have to bail.  

I really need you guys to work with me on this.  

I'm trying to get us in a position so it doesn't come to a complete stop.  This schedule change at the very least allows you guys to get the draft started and however many more rounds of FA we can get in before I'm forced to stop.

Sadly, this is where I'm at with this.  Apologies but when I started this mock, the pain levels were manageable. 

@squire12 @BowserBroncos 

Edited by ny92mike

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm trying to get us in a position so it doesn't come to a complete stop.  This schedule change at the very least allows you guys to get the draft started and however many more rounds of FA we can get in before I'm forced to stop.

Sadly, this is where I'm at with this.  Apologies but when I started this mock, the pain levels were manageable. 

@squire12 @BowserBroncos 

I'm good with whatever changes the masses want and what works best for you.

• Like 3

Just now, squire12 said:

I'm good with whatever changes the masses want and what works best for you.

Lets make the change.  If everyone decides not to jump ship that's on them.  It's about me right now.

I'm trying to leave the door open for at least the draft to happen.

If you get a chance to message everyone and tag the new schedule change it would be appreciated.  If not I'll do it tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry man, this is just where I'm at any sane person would have ended this weeks ago.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12 @BowserBroncos 

Mike I'm good with what ever works for you. We have multiples rounds of FA already and most of us signed a good amount of players.

If you want and the everybody on TCMD want to start the draft tomorrow I wouldn't see a problem with it.

If you need help updating the sheets with the draftees, cuts and trades....I could do it to easy you of some work.

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

Mike I'm good with what ever works for you. We have multiples rounds of FA already and most of us signed a good amount of players.

If you want and the everybody on TCMD want to start the draft tomorrow I wouldn't see a problem with it.

If you need help updating the sheets with the draftees, cuts and trades....I could do it to easy you of some work.

Yeah man...I'm going to need help.  Can we get together either Monday night or anytime Tuesday so I can show you how to do the updates.