Lions signed Brad Holmes as new gm

flyguy1609

Just now, Millenhater said:

I will say I do like this about him.  One of the best traits for a HC is to be authentic, he definitely is.  

Also if he has connections and can hire a killer staff that will go a long way in changing my view of him.

Who would be your ideal coordinators for Campbell? 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I agreed to a point. But IMO, there were no slam dunk, proven, sure fire HC candidates available. I'd rather take a chance on someone younger and "new" to the position than another retread. 

I would too.  I guess for me that unproven also included a guy that had something else that included some special skill like a great Xs and Os or he developed a bunch of guys.  i just don't see that with him.  But he does seem like a leader and that is the most important.  

watch we went back and forth on this and they pick Marvin Lewis.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Who would be your ideal coordinators for Campbell? 

Great question.  I'd have to think about it.  I feel like sometimes you need OC and DC that have schemes that compliment each other.  Hopefully has a good working relationship with whoever it is.  I'd really have to think on this.  We could through out names but most of them have already been linked to other HC.  

19 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I will say I do like this about him.  One of the best traits for a HC is to be authentic, he definitely is.  

Also if he has connections and can hire a killer staff that will go a long way in changing my view of him.

That’s what I wanted the Lions to try. It’s hard to run the team as a HC and call plays. I like the Steelers and Ravens approach where Tomlin and Harbaugh just concentrate on being a HC and leader. I’m pumped about the hire!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

If Campbell is indeed the hire, am I the only one that is glad we hired a guy who is in shape?

I know it's superficial but it's hard watch a guy who's going to teach and train elite athletes that gets winded taking the escalator to the facility.

I think it def helps his credibility IMO.

1 minute ago, BZski said:

That’s what I wanted the Lions to try. It’s hard to run the team as a HC and call plays. I like the Steelers and Ravens approach where Tomlin and Harbaugh just concentrate on being a HC and leader. I’m pumped about the hire!

I'm warming up to the idea/inevitable.  It just makes me uneasy that this is how i've felt the past few hires outside of Schwartz.

30 minutes ago, BZski said:

I have read Jon Kitna is a hot name for OC but they probably go the vet option.

The DC the names I have read is Wafe Phillips or Aaron Glenn

I saw that Philips was wanting to return and figured he's be an option. 

1st time head coach with extremely old DC who has HC experience...I feel like I've seen this played out before but where...?

16 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

1st time head coach with extremely old DC who has HC experience...I feel like I've seen this played out before but where...?

LA Rams with McVay and Phillips. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

In fairness, Campbell has had 12 games at HC. Not quite a season or a lot but a lot more than 0 and a few more than just finishing off the last 3-4 in a lost year. 

I'm actually going to give this the Simba/JRugges approval. Which is extremely hard to get at a GM/HC position. He's not a slam dunk hire by any means, but, if you were to hire an up an comer this is the type of dude you hire. 

My approval means as much as a token from chuckie cheeses. but, I'm normally a huge detractor of this organization and this hire actually seems reasonable even if it isn't the slam dunk we all want. Like everyone, everywhere, can buy into the reasoning of this hire and I like that. I think this is going to do pretty well honestly regardless of the coach. 

I'm actually optimistic as a Lions fan. First time in like 5 years.

Edited by SimbaWho

6 hours ago, Millenhater said:

If Campbell is indeed the hire, am I the only one that is glad we hired a guy who is in shape?

I know it's superficial but it's hard watch a guy who's going to teach and train elite athletes that gets winded taking the escalator to the facility.

I wish there was a laugh button! I agree though.

8 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm actually going to give this the Simba/JRugges approval. Which is extremely hard to get at a GM/HC position. He's not a slam dunk hire by any means, but, if you were to hire an up an comer this is the type of dude you hire. 

My approval means as much as a token from chuckie cheeses. but, I'm normally a huge detractor of this organization and this hire actually seems reasonable even if it isn't the slam dunk we all want. Like everyone, everywhere, can buy into the reasoning of this hire and I like that. I think this is going to do pretty well honestly regardless of the coach. 

I'm actually optimistic as a Lions fan. First time in like 5 years.

Holy !*&$ The end is near!!!! j/k.

I'm really on the fence on this one.  It was not my preferred, but I'll try to support it.  I do feel a little better about this hire than I did Quintricia and Marinelli. So there is that. The coordinators are going to make it or break it for me. If we land a staff of all 1st time play callers, I'm going to hate this.