Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

I keep trying to tell myself the Titans are going to go out of their way to add talent to hide how bad this boob really is 

Still doesn’t make me feel better

I just hope that his hiring doesn’t scare free agents away 

Money always talks but if it’s close the free agent we target could choose another place over us 

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao. reaction's been so bad they had to drag kevin byard into a puff piece on the website

And Byard's bad year doesn't exactly make his word strengthen the hire. 

If the Bosa brothers, Watt, Mike Singletary, Lebeau,  Mike Dikta, Rex Ryan and Bill Cowher all swore by him, then I'd consider it. lol

Until then...

Looney Tunes No GIF by swerk - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just now, titans0021 said:

The mailbags and that story have to make Wyatt feel so bad. He was such a good beat reporter, having to write such a biased, obvious story is such a waste. Not that I’ll ever blame a writer for taking the job security and salary that comes with a team job. 

to be honest, i'm actually surprised they published so many obviously furious letters in the mailbag. i figured they would've tried to tone it down even more than they did

Just now, titans0021 said:

The mailbags and that story have to make Wyatt feel so bad. He was such a good beat reporter, having to write such a biased, obvious story is such a waste. Not that I’ll ever blame a writer for taking the job security and salary that comes with a team job. 

Yeah Wyatt was always on top of it. 
Pretty comfy gig to be the team writer. 

Giving one side...

Just now, -Hope- said:

to be honest, i'm actually surprised they published so many obviously furious letters in the mailbag. i figured they would've tried to tone it down even more than they did

I mean, there's the real possibility that those were the nicest letters they received.

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

That's how you try to show you not holding back. lol And hard hitting. 

But when these stories come out. It's obvious you are. :) 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah Wyatt was always on top of it. 
Pretty comfy gig to be the team writer. 

Giving one side...

As someone that survived seven rounds of layoffs in 10 years at two separate newspapers, the stability of a team job seems so nice. One of my buddies (and the first person to hire me) is the head writer for the Packers. Regular hours, job security, good pay, PTO. About the best you can do in sports journalism these days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As someone that survived seven rounds of layoffs in 10 years at two separate newspapers, the stability of a team job seems so nice. One of my buddies (and the first person to hire me) is the head writer for the Packers. Regular hours, job security, good pay, PTO. About the best you can do in sports journalism these days.

Yeap and his old job at the Tennessean is pretty much a wasteland so I'd say he made the exact right call. 

This is how Mularkey got fired. 

We won the division and went 11-5, so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt right now. I hated our defense, but honestly I could have been rushing the passer and you wouldn't have noticed much difference. No pass rush is no pass rush, so what could any defensive coordinator possibly have done differently?

I really dislike the hire, but I'm not sure a change at what was probably a smaller part of the problem is necessary. 

This defense will be bad with every DC until we have some sort of a formidable pass rush

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

This is how Mularkey got fired. 

We won the division and went 11-5, so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt right now. I hated our defense, but honestly I could have been rushing the passer and you wouldn't have noticed much difference. No pass rush is no pass rush, so what could any defensive coordinator possibly have done differently?

I really dislike the hire, but I'm not sure a change at what was probably a smaller part of the problem is necessary. 

This defense will be bad with every DC until we have some sort of a formidable pass rush

It’s a good thing our first step towards fixing the pass rush was to replace the coach most responsible for the edge rushers lol.

16 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s a good thing our first step towards fixing the pass rush was to replace the coach most responsible for the edge rushers lol.

We had one of the worst offenses in the NFL with Arthur Smith as OC and then we benched Mariota and got really lucky with Tannehill. Now he's a HC less than 2 years later.

I think players are significantly more important than coordinators, but I'm not holding my breath for him to improve massively. 

It's frustrating that Vrabel always is looking for someone he knows rather than someone who is qualified.

• Like 1