Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Was their defense bad? 

That touchdown to scotty Miller before halftime in the NFC championship got him fired. Its coaching malpractice to call man to man in that situation, when literally all you have to do play zone and keep everything in front of you. A FG doesn't kill you in that situation. Tony Dungy said it's the worst defensive call he's ever seen. Its essentially the same reason Gregg William's was fired 

Just now, -Hope- said:

"we gotta play better and we gotta coach better" made me roll my eyes when we were going 11-5. hearing it every week as we go 7-10 is gonna be great, i'm sure.

I'm just waiting for that moment when Vrabel sits down at his post game presser after giving up 40 plus points to a rookie Trevor Lawrence in our first faceoff against the Urban Meyer led Jags and PK asks him about the confidence he has in Shane Bowen running the defense. Cant wait for that eye to twitch, those veins to pop in his forehead and hear him mutter, 'Gotta play better, gotta coach better'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I can’t believe we just replaced Mularkey with an equally stubborn defensive version of Mularkey.

it's funny that everyone thought our AFC championship run was a fluke because of tannehill and henry, but it was actually a fluke because of our meathead coach.

13 hours ago, -Hope- said:

thinking about what it must be like to be a fan of a team that actually cares about accountability and getting better.

the team that drafted Love? A QB? After going to the nfc championship? LOL. 

Our hire is almost as bad as a move tho. I lean towards the positive side of things but I got nothing for this. Hope we are wrong tho...

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

the team that drafted Love? A QB? After going to the nfc championship? LOL. 

Our hire is almost as bad as a move tho. I lean towards the positive side of things but I got nothing for this. Hope we are wrong tho...

The Chiefs went 2nd seed in the AFC and then traded future 1sts to get Mahomes. At some point you have to plan for the future, and for a franchise that doesn't wish to draft top 5 anytime soon, drafting Love made a lot of sense.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

The Chiefs went 2nd seed in the AFC and then traded future 1sts to get Mahomes. At some point you have to plan for the future, and for a franchise that doesn't wish to draft top 5 anytime soon, drafting Love made a lot of sense.

Aaron Roger's ain't Alex Smith though. I get upgrading over alex Smith. It's hard to upgrade over a 1st ballot HOFer in his prime

• Like 2

Rose colored glasses:

So, 2020 had no offseason, more or less, which made it impossible for Shane Bowen to really implement his defense.  With Vrabel in charge, we didn't actually see Bowen's defense play all that much, we just saw Vrabel's, and we knew it was terrible.

Could it be all/most of the moments where the defense looked pretty good were plans orchestrated by Bowen, whereas the crappy default setting was Vrabel?

Imagine that to be the case, and then it would suddenly look like a much better hire.

Ftr, I know this is almost certainly not true, but I choose to believe it anyway.