Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

ill gladly eat crow. But this is the worst hire I’ve ever witnessed this team make at this level of coaching 

it's not even a hire, really. it's "**** you, we're doing the exact same thing we did last year but with new labels."

we just had the worst defense in the NFL and the worst defense in team history and decided yeah, let's run it back.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Vrabel said that Bowen was calling plays last year and was pretty much DC without title at the end of year presser. 

Ok. The way read into this is that why wouldn't you give him the name of DC in that case last year unless you still were not going to have a prominent say in the defensive philosophy.  It feels like he probably had a leash on him in some sort of way. Maybe Vrabel is dropping his ego and his idea that he needs to have his say. Maybe Bowen can make a difference if he is given full freedom and the position to full concentrate on playmaking. A remedy to this issue starting to go away also is to have killer offseason and make some great subtractions, and additions through the draft and free agency. We need new bodies on defense and people to stay healthy. I am sure that will be the concentration. 

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Ok. The way read into this is that why wouldn't you give him the name of DC in that case last year unless you still were not going to have a prominent say in the defensive philosophy.  It feels like he probably had a leash on him in some sort of way. Maybe Vrabel is dropping his ego and his idea that he needs to have his say. Maybe Bowen can make a difference if he is given full freedom and the position to full concentrate on playmaking. A remedy to this issue starting to go away also is to have killer offseason and make some great subtractions, and additions through the draft and free agency. We need new bodies on defense and people to stay healthy. I am sure that will be the concentration. 

God I admire your optimism.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

lol man i have to hand it to you, it's genuinely incredible that you are able to be optimistic about this

Bowen is a piece of garbage coach and Vrabel’s lackey. I said it from the beginning that nothing was going to change on that side of the ball. Who the hell has Vrabel or Bowen developed? As of a matter of a fact, who has this staff developed at all on that side of the ball? Yet here, we are the same exact defensive staff as last year. We laugh at the Texans but this franchise is headed back to the cellar with moves like this. This Mularkey part 2 on the defensive side 

it's also neat that edge rusher is possibly the worst position group on our entire team and an enormous weakness where we will almost certainly be adding young players, and we decided to promote a first-time position coach to OLBs who was previously our assistant special teams coach. just really great stuff all around. can't wait to see how our player development goes there.