Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao. vrabel wanted to bring pees back as a consultant. we’re really not getting a new DC are we?

And you know what. After thinking on it more.  I want Pees back. He obviously was a good DC for us and defense went downhill.

Was he offered a consultant as a chance to keep him healthy or happy?
But do we really want to have a DC that is maybe year to year? 
And sounds like he already committed to Smith by time Vrabel talked to him. 

I just want Vrabel to hire someone make some changes. Pees would have been great tho. 

I'm not worried.  While I don't know why you wouldn't just offer Pees the DC job, it's also hard for me to believe JRob, being the competent GM he is, would not see that Vrabel/Bowen running the defense has been terrible.  They're interviewing coordinators, so it's hard for me to see them not hiring one.

No one looks at this defense and thinks it's OK.  We got lesser performances out of almost everyone from last year except Butler and Simmons, and that points, clearly, to a coaching problem.

It’s not even just the DC. The fact that no firings happened on that side of the ball despite one of the worst defenses in history says something about Vrabel. Who the hell has Terrell Williams developed since he’s been here? Anthony Midget who is another Houston reject a washed up Jim Haslett, and his lackey bum Shane Bowen. That whole staff should’ve been cleared out after this season. He replaced Coombs and McKenzie with  garbage.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just want some rumors lol.

i have no idea what the point of the teryl austin interview was if we were just gonna sit on our *** for a week afterward while every DC candidate under the sun got hired. embarrassing stuff

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Y'all act like it hasn't been years of getting little to no information regarding pretty much anything with this team and yet y'all still freak out every year.

i don't get it.

not really sure how you can think this when we had a pretty clear list of interviewees the last time we were in the market for a DC.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

not really sure how you can think this when we had a pretty clear list of interviewees the last time we were in the market for a DC.

i certainly don't remember that last year. Don't remember it when Vrabel was hired either. I remember reports when Vrabel was hired that we were looking at Ryan Day and Matt LaFleur for OC(similar to how we've got a report that we were looking in to Elliot for OC and Austin for DC), but I certainly don't remember some extensive list.

The only times we're gonna get reports is when the candidates themselves leak it to the media, which means we're always going to be at least somewhat limited. Organization ain't listing ****.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

i certainly don't remember that last year. Don't remember it when Vrabel was hired either. I remember reports when Vrabel was hired that we were looking at Ryan Day and Matt LaFleur for OC(similar to how we've got a report that we were looking in to Elliot for OC and Austin for DC), but I certainly don't remember some extensive list.

The only times we're gonna get reports is when the candidates themselves leak it to the media, which means we're always going to be at least somewhat limited. Organization ain't listing ****.

when vrabel was hired there was pretty public chatter about interviewing bettcher, trying to poach demeco ryans, and having interest in pees before we ultimately went with pees