Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Maybe works with the edge-rushers? Really don’t see us doing anything on defense unfortunately. Probably announce Bowen as DC(like that matters).

No reason to interview any outsiders if that's the plan.

Only way Bowen is running the D next year is if everyone else turns us down.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Screw Vrabel 

I’m not going to be too upset as long as we make an outside hire at DC. If we promote Bowen or stick with the current set up, I’ll lose my mind. Because there’s no way you can convince me that he would’ve chosen Atlanta over coming back here.

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Makes no sense.

Was he forced to retire?  Did Vrabel really think he could do better without him?
Or does he just want to work with Arthur? 

Either way.....cost us a chance a real title run. 

I think it’s fully possible that he needed a year away. And given his age and Covid, that’s probably for the best. But Vrabel needed to reach out as soon as the season was over.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m not going to be too upset as long as we make an outside hire at DC. If we promote Bowen or stick with the current set up, I’ll lose my mind. Because there’s no way you can convince me that he would’ve chosen Atlanta over coming back here.

Seems to being spun as Dean just helping get started......still makes no sense. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Seems to being spun as Dean just helping get started......still makes no sense. 

I find the argument to be nonsense. Taking over a new defense in a room full of players you don’t know with an offensive HC is a far more intensive job than coming back into a locker room that loves you with a defensive coach you already know.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Makes no sense.

Was he forced to retire?  Did Vrabel really think he could do better without him?
Or does he just want to work with Arthur? 

Either way.....cost us a chance a real title run. 

Pees spoke during the season about how he was missing coaching. Sounds like retiring was his choice and then just regretted the decision later.

Why we didnt offer him his job back is beyond me. Or maybe we did and he wanted to go to Atlanta instead. Who knows.

• Like 1