Update: (There was no search. You dreamed it) Shane Bowen is DC.

KingTitan

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’m genuinely concerned about Vrabel. Defensive HC carried by the offense who won’t admit his mistakes or learn lessons.

as far as i'm concerned, he's on the hot seat. he's not going to sniff a super bowl with this attitude, so why waste our time with him?

Yeah. We had a lot defensive injuries.
Yeah. We didn't have an off-season.
Yeah. We didn't have a pass rush.

But- Guys were completely lost on defense at times. 
Byard completely forgot how to play football.
Evans was a mess.

I can see how Vrabel thinks the system was ok, when you call a double team and both players get beat on the double team. lol
You call a blitz and none of them beats their man. 

Players were a problem last year. 
But so was coaching. 
I guess Robinson is gonna sell out and try to fix the defense and we can all look back at this thread in December and say "we were right."  lol

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Does promoting Bowen to the role imply Vrabel was the one running it/callling plays last year and now it'll be Bowen? Or is it going to be the same thing just different titles?

Same thing different titles. Bowen won't be responsible for OLB's in title. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Does promoting Bowen to the role imply Vrabel was the one running it/callling plays last year and now it'll be Bowen? Or is it going to be the same thing just different titles?

given that vrabel essentially said that bowen was defensive coordinator in all but name, i'd say the latter. which is even worse.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

How do we know who was calling the plays or even how much of the duties was on one or the other coach?

Vrabel said that Bowen was calling plays last year and was pretty much DC without title at the end of year presser. 

defense will probably improve a little bit due to sheer regression to the mean, but i have no reason to believe it won't still be a bottom 10 unit.

offense will likely regress just because derrick won't rush for 2000 and we don't know how downing will do.

that sounds like 8 wins to me.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

another great thing about this is that it signals that teryl austin (and likely pep too) was definitely just a rooney rule interview. shameful.

Why have Terrell Austin when you can have the 30th best DC from 2016 and the 32nd best DC from 2020?