Who do we take at #25?

pwny

8 hours ago, pwny said:

I lost the link [blame Texas] but I saw a mock I think from Matt Miller that has us taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah at 25 to add a burst of speed and versatility to the defense. 

EDIT: as KYDI said below, it was Daniel Jeremiah. 

He’s really intriguing to me. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

Don’t mind that his “position” is a bit murky. Sometimes I’m a little hesitant in that “versatility” isn’t always practically applicable. Sometimes the “value” of flexibility isn’t that great, when they’re realistically going to be shoehorned into a role that doesn’t fully capitalize on all of their versatility. 

But I think in this case, he’s got the traits and instincts to fall back as a pretty solid off ball LBer at worst. Plus there’s a boatload of upside there, with his flexibility and unique traits. And the areas where he’s got that intriguing upside, are things that I think a creative defense can always find a way to use and keep on the field in today’s game.

As long as the DC is willing to work with fitting the scheme to the players, as they’re allegedly committed to doing here now. 

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

He’s really intriguing to me. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

Don’t mind that his “position” is a bit murky. Sometimes I’m a little hesitant in that “versatility” isn’t always practically applicable. Sometimes the “value” of flexibility isn’t that great, when they’re realistically going to be shoehorned into a role that doesn’t fully capitalize on all of their versatility. 

But I think in this case, he’s got the traits and instincts to fall back as a pretty solid off ball LBer at worst. Plus there’s a boatload of upside there, with his flexibility and unique traits. And the areas where he’s got that intriguing upside, are things that I think a creative defense can always find a way to use and keep on the field in today’s game.

As long as the DC is willing to work with fitting the scheme to the players, as they’re allegedly committed to doing here now. 

Man, if Cullen is really bringing that Baltimore scheme down here (which all indications they are) Owusu-Koramoah would be an awesome add.

I'm very interested to see what they do as far as DL/LB. 

57 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Man, if Cullen is really bringing that Baltimore scheme down here (which all indications they are) Owusu-Koramoah would be an awesome add.

I'm very interested to see what they do as far as DL/LB. 

Yeah. If they really go all in with some aggressive and exotic blitzes and looks trying to disrupt...a guy like that could be a real weapon. 

I like that even though his usage is a little scattered, he at least seems to show good general instincts as a foundation in those different roles. It doesn’t feel like a guy who is purely an athlete that has to be directly schemed into success to protect him. It’s more...that he can be impactful when you scheme him into a variety of roles. 

Honestly think he’s probably gone by the time we pick. But you never know. Some teams may view him as a bit of an oddball or luxury wildcard and pass in favour of more defined players. I’d be happy with that. Even if we do need tons of help in those more conventionally defined roles across the board. 

T ORLANDO BROWN JR. → JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS FOR A 2021 1ST (#25 VIA RAMS), 2021 5TH (#158 VIA BROWNS FROM S RONNIE HARRISON TRADE)

Ravens Cap Implications: $216,340 in dead money, $3.384 million in cap savings

Jaguars Cap Implications: One-year, $3.384 million, $0 in total guarantees

We discussed this hypothetical trade at lengthrecently, and it appears to be somewhat inevitable. The Ravens don’t necessarily have to make the move, but they seem motivated to do so in order to help Brown realize his lifelong dream of playing left tackle in the NFL. There are several tackle-needy teams that also have the resources to bring Brown aboard — including the Los Angeles Chargers and Washington Football Team — but Jacksonville has the most ammo to make this move happen.

The Chargers’ first-round pick is too high, and the Washington Football Team still need to address the quarterback position. What better way to use the additional first-round pick Jacksonville acquired from the Los Angeles Rams in the Jalen Ramseytrade than to land future Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence a stud left tackle for years to come. This is a perfect fit, and Baltimore can perhaps draft their right tackle replacement immediately in April. 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'd do this.

Too steep for my blood it’s a skewed system where Lamar Jackson is in your back field in a run heavy attack that hardly ever drops back into conventional pass sets. He maybe solid but I draft class this tackle heavy.. why do it when he’s on the final yr of his rookie deal? Looks like fools gold to me. I’d much rather draft a tackle with the first 4 picks.. and ride a rookie deal.. I get the experience blah blah blah.. I heard the same thing about Tristan Wirfs who I wanted the Jags to draft last year.. I don’t know if any of these guys will particularly be as good as Wirfs as a rookie. But I’d either franchise Cam for a yr.. or draft a tackle with one of the first 4 picks. 

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Too steep for my blood it’s a skewed system where Lamar Jackson is in your back field in a run heavy attack that hardly ever drops back into conventional pass sets. He maybe solid but I draft class this tackle heavy.. why do it when he’s on the final yr of his rookie deal? Looks like fools gold to me. I’d much rather draft a tackle with the first 4 picks.. and ride a rookie deal.. I get the experience blah blah blah.. I heard the same thing about Tristan Wirfs who I wanted the Jags to draft last year.. I don’t know if any of these guys will particularly be as good as Wirfs as a rookie. But I’d either franchise Cam for a yr.. or draft a tackle with one of the first 4 picks. 

Having a guy who runs around back there makes it more difficult on OTs more times than not too. He gave up half the pressures as Cam this year in his first full year in the league moving back to the left side. He was a pro bowl level RT and is still very young.

Not even blinking at the idea of moving a late 1st for a player like that. High end OTs who are that young don't become available often. We have Chark and little else on the horizon to pay.

Protect Lawrence at all costs. 

• Like 2

This is a question BCC has been posing for a few days, so I figured it should make its way over here.

I absolutely would not trade a first rounder for him. And it’s really not in his best interest to come here right now, so I’m not even sure he’d want a long term deal here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

This is a question BCC has been posing for a few days, so I figured it should make its way over here.

I absolutely would not trade a first rounder for him. And it’s really not in his best interest to come here right now, so I’m not even sure he’d want a long term deal here. 

I wouldn't either.

Once it came out they may tag and try and trade him he became less appealing to me. 

• Like 2