TCMD(2021)

RedGold

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Are we assuming Fisher is out for 2021 due to injury in TCMD?

We can let it develop,   but I would take into account what has happened.   Torn Achilles is definitely not minor and not likely he'll be ready anytime soon.

We have the following;

Martinas Rankin + Damien Williams + 5th
for
James Washington + Jaylen Samuels

Martinas Rankin
for
Jaylen Samuels

Damien Williams
for
Jaylen Samuels

Will try to see if they will do a pick swap,   instead of the straight 5th.    I don't really like the first option, at all.   

I wouldn't mind either of the bottom deals,   Jaylen Samuels is a solid all around RB,   pretty good as a #3/#4 RB,   As well as take over any ST, FB duties we'd lose with Sherman.   At a lower cost than Williams.   Hard to have a backup RB that wouldn't benefit on ST's(D. Williams).

@KC_Guy @kingseanjohn @onejayhawk @TedLavie

24 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

You wouldn’t do Rankin for Washington straight up?   That’s pretty lofty..  not even saying Washington is good, but at least he done “something” in the league

So has Rankin. Bear in mind he was a 2nd round pick when he came out. More to the point, Rankin has done something on our team. As of now I see LDT having a hard time making the starting unit, partly because of Rankin.

It breaks down to Rankin plus a 5th for a player who isn't worth the 5th. Washington for DeMarcus Robinson is a wash and we plan to cut Robinson. Pringle is your WR3. How much are you willing to give for a WR4?

J

Edited by onejayhawk

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

So has Rankin. Bear in mind he was a 2nd round pick when he came out. More to the point, Rankin has done something on our team. As of now I see LDT having a hard time making the starting unit, partly because of Rankin.

It breaks down to Rankin plus a 5th for a player who isn't worth the 5th. Washington for DeMarcus Robinson is a wash and we plan to cut Robinson. Pringle is your WR3. How much are you willing to give for a WR4?

J

Yeah. I agree I didn’t like giving up the 5th either.  
Yeah,  he was a 2nd round pick.   That a team traded after his rookie season, for a guy we were going to cut.   Rankin is Cameron Erving 2.0.  I hope we learned from extended Erving, as Rankin only has one year left.

If he wasn’t on the Chiefs,  he’d be your typical 7/8th OL.  I’d gladly trade that for a guy who has starting reps at WR,  but it’s all moot Pitt wouldn’t accept it. 

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Yeah. I agree I didn’t like giving up the 5th either.  
Yeah,  he was a 2nd round pick.   That a team traded after his rookie season, for a guy we were going to cut.   Rankin is Cameron Erving 2.0.  I hope we learned from extended Erving, as Rankin only has one year left.

If he wasn’t on the Chiefs,  he’d be your typical 7/8th OL.  I’d gladly trade that for a guy who has starting reps at WR,  but it’s all moot Pitt wouldn’t accept it. 

No he wasn't. Before he got hurt, he was the best IOL on the roster. It has been a long rehab, but this is not a fringe talent. Samuels is exactly a fringe talent, so no interest at all.

Washington is a step up and Robinson is gone. Even though we have Pringle to cover the roster spot, Washington makes roster sense as a WR4. On our side, we have Durant, LDT, Allegretti already on board for the position, not to mention Remmers and Wiley. It would be dealing from a position of depth. On further consideration, I'm OK with Rankin for Washington straight up. 

Ultimately, it's your call.

Tbh I do think Samuels is fridge.   Who can play RB, FB,  and is a core ST’er.   We can just void the FB position.
I also just think Rankin is fridge,  I’m not doing anything without over 50% voting for.  I just think you highly overrate some of our players and if they were on other teams.. wouldn’t think twice about them.     I will say you’re right,  that we can get by with all these players.  Mahomes can make plays regardless,  but are we going to extend passable guys.. when we can essentially replace them with cheaper/longer contacts?  

I doubt we have Wylie,  I think KC and King both were for not tendering him at all.    Can probably bring him back in FA,  but he’s not worth a tender cost. 

I was a fan of Rankin a while ago but what he has shown so far is a bit dissapointing. In week 17 he had a real chance to show his skill and I considered it ... well .. not convincing. I liked Durant much better.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to finish the OL review yet (and the thought process was Fisher available), but my building blocks so far:

Fisher (?) - Allegretti (really like him) - ???? -  LDT, Durant or Wylie - Niang

LDT should be considered in light of his contract numbers - didn't check that so far. May become another cap casualty.

Vets to keep as options on minimum contracts: Kilgore, Wisniewski and if contractually possible Remmers (whom I actually like beyond his positional flexibility).
Reiter will probably outprice himself, else: keep him over Kilgore.

Thus you have a starting line (sans OC and potentially Fisher - depends on how we handle that in TCMD) and a set of backups. And you have a lot of continuity. Rankin I don't see here, unless you consider him a viable backup at OT (not OG!). Schwartz is my cap casualty here. No way around it looking at the overall picture.

What's needed then: an OC and an OT preferably in the draft - will be hard to find starter quality elsewhere with the cap situation we are in.

As for Damien Williams: just remember he was 10 mins away from being considered the Superbowl MVP last year ...

Thus said: Happy to trade Rankin, reluctant to trade Williams. Above developed way forward concerning the OL to me seems viable and capwise possible.

Had to read a bit about the players. After that not really interested in Samuels.

Washington had a good season, could compete with Pringle for # 3/4. Washington for Rankin straight up won't fly, but I'd at least consider throwing on a 6th. May be even that from the Schwartz deal. Known commodity with some experience at WR for a 6th? Not too bad.

Ultimately we'd end up with Schwartz & Rankin for 20 spots up in the 3rd and Washington.

21 hours ago, samsel23 said:

We have the following;

Martinas Rankin + Damien Williams + 5th
for
James Washington + Jaylen Samuels

Martinas Rankin
for
Jaylen Samuels

Damien Williams
for
Jaylen Samuels

Will try to see if they will do a pick swap,   instead of the straight 5th.    I don't really like the first option, at all.   

I wouldn't mind either of the bottom deals,   Jaylen Samuels is a solid all around RB,   pretty good as a #3/#4 RB,   As well as take over any ST, FB duties we'd lose with Sherman.   At a lower cost than Williams.   Hard to have a backup RB that wouldn't benefit on ST's(D. Williams).

@KC_Guy @kingseanjohn @onejayhawk @TedLavie

No. These deals are all weak imo. Rankin been developing chemistry with the team and Mahomes we need to cut Fisher and save Rankin for depth so it's not total turnover on the offensive line.

Edited by Kirill

14 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Fisher (?) - Allegretti (really like him) - ???? -  LDT, Durant or Wylie - Niang

LDT should be considered in light of his contract numbers - didn't check that so far. May become another cap casualty.

As for Damien Williams: just remember he was 10 mins away from being considered the Superbowl MVP last year ...

Sorry I shortened this,  just commented on a couple. 
LT: Vet / Rookie
LG: Allegretti/ Rookie/cheap FA
😄 Reiter/Rookie
RG: LDT / Durant
RT: Remmers/Niang

Is how I would personally like to see the line.  All taking into account where the OL fall and are taken in the draft.  Rankins would slide in and compete at every spot.. and fill if a rookie didn’t fall in a certain area of the draft. 

LDT:  Costs us money to cut,  it might be best to just let the remainder of his 1 year play out.  Or we can June 1st, but I think it’s be better to just let him play it out and not push dead money into next year. 

D. Williams... my thing with Williams.   Do we really need 3 RB’s making over 2 Mil?  CEH is locked in,  Darrel Williams produces anytime we give him PT, plus is a ST ace.    Damien doesn’t really play ST,  do we really want to pay him his contract when he might get 5 touches a game and not contribute on ST?   I think we find find a late round rookie, or even UDFA to do this