TCMD(2021)

RedGold

23 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

For the first round, don't lock in on one or two positions. Have at least for or five and draft the best value among those positions. One of them should be TE. We have a 32 year old starter and nothing at all behind him.

For sure, that’s the way I always do it.  I believe Ted and I, didn’t even have one rookie slated to start immediately last year.  Auyik would have been the only one if any. 

That was my fascination with Daniel Fells,  he instantly slots in as a good #2.  Pushes the immediate need for this down,  let’s us take a chance an a high upside guy, who may need a some seasoning.  Pro Wells is a personal favorite,  but he does need some refinement. 

13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Aiyuk was a nice get.

What's the price on Fells? The need at TE is so great i would trade up if Pitts was there at #20. From what I have seen from Senior bowl clips, Hunter Long needs to be on our big board. 

Swap of day 3 picks.   I haven’t offered 245,  we just got from the Schwartz deal yet.  But that might even get it done 

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Do we want to cut Fisher,   and free up 12 Mil?     There's a couple decent options to fill LT for a year in Free Agency,   could fill Fisher's spot and Remmers with this money,   plus some.

Yes cut him. He's done.

I'm talking to the falcons GM about Julio jones they're interested in algretti and LDT

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Yes cut him. He's done.

I'm talking to the falcons GM about Julio jones they're interested in algretti and LDT

Hold off on Julio..   we don’t even have half of what it would take to acquire him cap wise.    And LDT would cost us -2 Mil to trade.  I highly doubt we have the cap space to go after a big WR 

27 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Swap of day 3 picks.   I haven’t offered 245,  we just got from the Schwartz deal yet.  But that might even get it done 

Sounds like a plan. Kelce is spending half the time in the backfield as it is and we are letting the Sausage go. Having two viable TE/FB would be nice. 

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Hold off on Julio..   we don’t even have half of what it would take to acquire him cap wise.    And LDT would cost us -2 Mil to trade.  I highly doubt we have the cap space to go after a big WR 

lol alright fine... 😆 I was about to come to the desk with a blockbuster.

he said he'd give up a 6th for Algretti if interested

13 minutes ago, Kirill said:

lol alright fine... 😆 I was about to come to the desk with a blockbuster.

he said he'd give up a 6th for Algretti if interested

All good,  we have star players.  15-16 Mil. leaves us filling out the remainder of the roster with vet Min only.  

Personally I’m passing.  Allegretti is our best run blocker,  he’s pretty decent for how much he’s played.  He “might” still have room to grow. 

Alright gents,  all 3 Extensions passed and ERFA are locked up.    RFA tags are in,  we'll retain all of them unless someone offers them. 
Bryon Pringle - No Comp
Darrel Williams- No Comp
Charavarius Ward - 2nd Round Tender

Looks like we'll have $14,014,505 worth of Cap Space heading into FA.    That's will 44 Players on the roster,  and 10 Draft Picks.  So any cap hit we take moving forward will have a bottom salary taken off.

We still have to decide on what to do with Eric Fisher,   but we have the Cap Space to get through Round 1, so that can wait.

Round 1 Bids:    Just glancing,  I'm thinking this is how everyone wants to go Round 1?

Bid1:   LT Alejandro Villanueva
Bid2:  OL Mike Remmers
Bid3:  C  Austin Reiter
Bid4:  DE Tanoh Kpassagnon

I'll throw some other names in here,  but if you want to take a look...  The opening post has the roster sheet,  scroll over to the worksheet "UFA Scouting" and you can filter through positions.

11 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Round 1 Bids:    Just glancing,  I'm thinking this is how everyone wants to go Round 1?

Bid1:   LT Alejandro Villanueva
Bid2:  OL Mike Remmers
Bid3:  C  Austin Reiter
Bid4:  DE Tanoh Kpassagnon

What's your thoughts on Villanueva's role? Starting OT? Swing OT?

I really like the depth in this class and think we'd be fine with Fisher/Niang/Remmers/draft pick.

I'm feeling a little crazy and am thinking about Dede Westbrook instead at 920k apy.