TCMD(2021)

RedGold

I did it all on the previous page.    $14,014,505  is where we stand before the first round of FA. (this is counting ERFA's and RFA's).

Reiter/ Remmers/Williamson contracts would bring us to  $9,434,505.  That is basically Min bids on all of them.

Then I'd go for Villa??? for the forth bid ... at approx 8-10% above the min to avoid being outbid by the home team on a reserve bid.

I think there's a good chance we'll see other players back in the second round of bidding.
What the deadline for 1st round bidding btw?

12 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Then I'd go for Villa??? for the forth bid ... at approx 8-10% above the min to avoid being outbid by the home team on a reserve bid.

I think there's a good chance we'll see other players back in the second round of bidding.
What the deadline for 1st round bidding btw?

It doesn’t make much sense to get Villa if we’re keeping Fisher.   IMO at least.  Villa was just guaranteeing a solid LT option for the whole year. 

Round 1 bids are Feb. 15th.  We still have a ways,  just trying to get everyone’s opinions ahead of time 

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It doesn’t make much sense to get Villa if we’re keeping Fisher.   IMO at least.  Villa was just guaranteeing a solid LT option for the whole year. 

Round 1 bids are Feb. 15th.  We still have a ways,  just trying to get everyone’s opinions ahead of time 

Fisher won't play next year. But he will be on the roster IRL. You can negate this of course and release him or assume he'll play. My view - until decided differently: He'll be on the roster and we'll need a starting LT not named Fisher.

Once you cut him it's all clear and I'll shut up. 

Until then: My assumption is: we have limited cap and the need for a LT.
And I firmly believe we can cope with that in favor of maintaining the locker room spirit.

49 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Fisher won't play next year. But he will be on the roster IRL. You can negate this of course and release him or assume he'll play. My view - until decided differently: He'll be on the roster and we'll need a starting LT not named Fisher.

Once you cut him it's all clear and I'll shut up. 

Until then: My assumption is: we have limited cap and the need for a LT.
And I firmly believe we can cope with that in favor of maintaining the locker room spirit.

I guess my thoughts.  It would have been nice to know before we did the extensions.   Otherwise I probably would have extended him a couple years to reduce the cap hit, on a year he likely won’t be his full self.  I think he comes back next year,  but it will take another year for him to be back to full strength(or as much as he can).  

If he is on the roster IRL,  I would guess we extend him to reduce his 15 Mil cap hit next year.    Reduce that and you can talk about bringing in a stop gap LT.  Otherwise I see us filling it internally, through the draft, or a low tier FA.  We don’t have the cap luxury to be spending 20-21 Mil on 2 guys to fill 1 spot.