Jaguars to hire Darrell Bevell as OC

pwny

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Avoid all Seahawk fans opinions about Bevell unless you want to immediately hate the hire.

More so talking about philosophy.

We all know former teams dislike coordinators/grass is always greener, especially for long term coordinators.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

More so talking about philosophy.

We all know former teams dislike coordinators/grass is always greener, especially for long term coordinators.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's the old school WCO.  Think Green Bay late in Brett Favre's career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Bevell is a solid hire, though I wonder if he's bringing and running his own offense or running Meyer's.

Based on what Urban's said, likely Bevells.

Urban will probably have some say/input, but he's letting his coaches do their thing.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's not a sexy hire by any means but putting the right infrastructure around Trevor Lawrence is key.

Was referencing the hyperbolic opinions of Seattle fans more than Bevells actual ability. They wanted him drawn and quartered by 2016.

I think Bevell did a pretty good job overall, and really helped maximize Russ during his early years. Offensive Line issues and Subpar Running backs committees really cramped the offense from 2015-2017. Just couldnt elevate the offense beyond mediocrity. Brian Schottenheimer for all his issues, took a similar unit that was a 20th-15th offense under Bevell to a consistent top 10 unit. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Was referencing the hyperbolic opinions of Seattle fans more than Bevells actual ability. They wanted him drawn and quartered by 2016.

I think Bevell did a pretty good job overall, and really helped maximize Russ during his early years. Offensive Line issues and Subpar Running backs committees really cramped the offense from 2015-2017. Just couldnt elevate the offense beyond mediocrity. Brian Schottenheimer for all his issues, took a similar unit that was a 20th-15th offense under Bevell to a consistent top 10 unit. 

Bevell offenses in SEA finished 22, 4, 7, 4, 1, 16, and 14 in DVOA in his time there.  How is that no better than medicore?  He finished with a top 7 offense, more often than he didn't.