Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

Also in no way shape or form would I believe Billy to be a High school kid.

Not a huge complaint. I actually liked him as a character a lot. Felt like the final episode and the scene with his father was incredibly powerful.

But no way I buy he's even 19 after being held back a year.

We didn't get his full back story but I picture spending a year or two in juvy and then failing a grade or two. Hope we get more in Season 3. 

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

We didn't get his full back story but I picture spending a year or two in juvy and then failing a grade or two. Hope we get more in Season 3. 

The older he gets though the creepier he seems picking up HS girls. Granted I would be fine with the juvy storyline. But as far as it goes it just seems like a 23 year old dude trying to play a highschool kid.

Not a big complaint. But I was a fan of the first season in part due to everyone looking their age.

2 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

Also in no way shape or form would I believe Billy to be a High school kid.

Not a huge complaint. I actually liked him as a character a lot. Felt like the final episode and the scene with his father was incredibly powerful.

But no way I buy he's even 19 after being held back a year.

Dude is only 22 in real life, so he was 21 when the show was filmed.

I thought the same thing about Billy, but before I pointed it out I made sure I wasn't way off.  I was way off.  As devils said, he was 21 when he filmed a 19-year-old's part.  He might as well be in diapers for how old the actors who usually play high school characters are.

32 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Dude is only 22 in real life, so he was 21 when the show was filmed.

I get that. But he could pass as a dude in his late 20s imo.

LIS, not complaining. It just took me out of the show when he was on. Took me out enough that I needed to look up his age cause he looked so old.

I would prefer to talk about Steve if were being honest. 

2 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I get that. But he could pass as a dude in his late 20s imo.

LIS, not complaining. It just took me out of the show when he was on. Took me out enough that I needed to look up his age cause he looked so old.

I would prefer to talk about Steve if were being honest. 

Steve is awesome. Best character on the show. We need a Steve spinoff when he goes to college.

I get the complaints about episode 7.  It was a bad episode.  Those characters were truly, truly, truly awful.  The reason I won't defend it is because, other than Kali, I don't want those characters anywhere near my all-time favorite TV series.  The crazy-haired girl with no social skills and no intelligence, the armed and dangerous criminal who wears the most easily identifiable Mohawk everywhere and has a personality written by an eighth grader, and the gentle giant who can't act and the other character that seems to just drive, look out windows all the time, smoke cigarettes and worry... They were all truly, truly, truly, truly awful characters that would make me stop watching a series if they were regulars, but they were tolerable because they were just side characters in a side episode meant to highlight a supporting character, who was a foil to a very integral character in the main series. 

Duffer Brothers, I love what you're doing, but please kill those other characters in every sense of the word and have Kali dismiss them in season three without even bringing the actors who played the characters back.  There is no need whatsoever to have another season, episode or even scene with those characters.  You can keep Kali, but not the others. 

• Like 1

Another thing that we should all credit the creators of this show on was how they gave a sideplot to almost every main character, and especially all the main friend characters.  They could have easily made Lucas a token black character without any development whatsoever or made Dustin the comic relief, but Lucas with Max and Dustin with Steve and the development they went through as characters was extremely well-done this season.  Mike is my favorite of the four friends; he didn't get much development this season, but that's probably because season one he was the main focus, so that was alright.  Eleven has been developing, too.  I finished watching it on Saturday I think and I still can't stop thinking about it.

• Like 1

I just started watching this. Finishing up the 5th episode of the first season. This is a great show so far, has really impressed me. This is one of those shows that just pulls you in and tests your  self control. If I had to work tomorrow I'd be screwed because I'm not turning this off.