Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

On 7/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, Tyronnosaurus said:

The girl who plays Robin is Ethan Hawke’s and Uma Thurman’s daughter.

I saw that.  Looks a lot like her mom.

Of course, this also makes her Tennessee Williams' great niece.

7 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I don’t buy that underground layer being built in what a year or two? And no one noticed

In a science fiction fantasy love letter to 80's film, choose your battles when it comes to believability. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

In a science fiction fantasy love letter to 80's film, choose your battles when it comes to believability. 

Little known fact.....following World War II, as the Soviet Union took over what would become East Germany, they were able to quietly overrun a series of POW camps that bespeckled the German countryside.  One of those was Stalag 13, run by an iron fisted Commandant; Wilhelm Klink.

Klink, and his senior non-commissioned officer, Sgt. Hans Schultz were both summarily executed by Soviet troops.  

The prisoners (pictured below),

Image result for hogan's heroes

who were supposed to be repatriated to their home counties (United States, France, UK), were all taken into custody by Soviet troops.  All of these prisoners were experts at the practice (art) of constructing unrecognized tunnels, and underground facilities.

Each of them, over the span of several decades were assimilated into the Soviet way of life, and by a stroke of fate, late in their lives, were moved, under the guise of diplomatic privlege, to Soviet embassy in Washington.  Over a period of a few months, each of them were secreted away to the Soviet Consulate in Indianapolis, and ultimately became advisors to the contracting firm that constructed the Starcourt Mall (and the facility that is located underground.)

After construction was completed, each of these 5 men (Hogan, Newkirk, Kinchloe, Carter and LeBeau), unfortunately met the same fate as their enemies (Klink, Schultz) 40 years earlier.  Their lifeless bodies dumped into a nearby quarry.  A sad fate for such a heroic group of World War II veterans.

Related image

Now you know how the Soviets were able to build such a secret location, right under the noses of the United States.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

I like the Brenner, or even Alexei theory, more than Hopper being the one in the cell in the post credits.  How are the Soviets going to get Hopper out of there? The US Military swarmed the place, and ran right into the room, where Hopper was in the explosion. I don't see how they are going to get him past them, and get him back to Russia. Did they show Murray, at the end? I can't remember what he was doing.

3 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Hide contents

I like the Brenner, or even Alexei theory, more than Hopper being the one in the cell in the post credits.  How are the Soviets going to get Hopper out of there? The US Military swarmed the place, and ran right into the room, where Hopper was in the explosion. I don't see how they are going to get him past them, and get him back to Russia. Did they show Murray, at the end? I can't remember what he was doing.

I have a theory on how Hopper could get to Russia. The doorway. It was alluded that there was another doorway in Russia because they tried it there but needed this previously opened door. When things are dusted they arent killed but teleported between doorways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Hide contents

I have a theory on how Hopper could get to Russia. The doorway. It was alluded that there was another doorway in Russia because they tried it there but needed this previously opened door. When things are dusted they arent killed but teleported between doorways.

Doorway, as in the "demogorgon" doorway (I don't know what it's actually called)?  That's actually interesting

2 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Hide contents

Doorway, as in the "demogorgon" doorway (I don't know what it's actually called)?  That's actually interesting

I think they called it that in the show at some point this season lol, but yea, Im pulling that out of my rear but it could be a cool mechanic to play with next season

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I really love this show.  All of the The Thing references make me love it even more.

They've done a great job the past 2 seasons, but they REALLY nailed all the movie refrences this time. The Thing, The Blob, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Multiple Remero Dead films, Evil Dead and so many more. This season was the best yet, especially how they continued to build out this world (unlike the attempt in season 2).

I think they have alot of heavy lifting to do for Season 4, but I have all the faith in them.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

Alright, so I’m not one of those contrarian types to hate things for the sake of it, and I love all of Stranger Things and it is by far my favorite TV show ever, but I think season three was not as good as season 1 and season 2.  Still loved it, but I still rank them season 1, then 2, then 3.  

• Like 1