Per Chris Russell Kyle Smith to Leave Sooner Than Later

MKnight82

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/whats-washington-football-team-exit-plan-for-key-exec 

Sources tell us that Smith, the sharp 36-year old rising personnel executive, will leave the WFT organization at a time still to be determined ... but at the same time multiple sources believe Smith will land elsewhere sooner than later.

The news of a Smith departure was described as 'inevitable' by one source on Thursday night.

Smith's expected exit will likely be labeled a 'mutual parting of the ways' between the only NFL organization he's ever worked for.

Sources suggest to Washington Football at SI that other NFL teams are already doing more than their due diligence on Smith. He has direct connections to some teams, and wide respect from essentially all teams.

Smith, sources say, hired an agent recently to represent him in figuring out what his NFL future holds.

There's no particular conflict, sources say, between Smith and the WFT boss Rivera. There's normal friction that exists in every NFL building, but it was made clear that Rivera was looking for something else in the GM role other than the Smith resume provided.

I’m out fellas!!! Ive been posting here since I was 12 almost made it to 20 years!!! I love you guys but this was my line I’m going to stick to my word!!! Funny I’m shooting the first podcast it’s called the eye test scouts. But I’m going to miss all of y’all but sorry mods but **** this team!!! I’m just scouting from here on out I hope you guys get to see something special!!! 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m out fellas!!! Ive been posting here since I was 12 almost made it to 20 years!!! I love you guys but this was my line I’m going to stick to my word!!! Funny I’m shooting the first podcast it’s called the eye test scouts. But I’m going to miss all of y’all but sorry mods but **** this team!!! I’m just scouting from here on out I hope you guys get to see something special!!! 

You’ll stick around just like I do lol. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You’ll stick around just like I do lol. 

Probably but I’m seriously over the way this team works!!! They didn’t even give this man a real opportunity. The man gets it. Listen to him last year at the combine. Talk about a guy that gets it. He never even had to open his mouth he legit just kept finding diamonds. It’s just sad because if this was actually about putting the best product on the field there isn’t a competent soul alive that would let this man leave for these two. It’s just upsetting. This man shouldn’t have to pay for the sins of the man who hired him the guy earned his job!!! Kyle is a beast!!! I can’t say that about the experienced guys were turning to. I’ve prayed away the toxic feelings this team constantly sends out. It’s just like you had McVay and your getting rid of the only reason we have players that got us our wins. We aren’t winning games without Terry Gib Thomas Sweat and it’s just sad. We actually groomed two of the best football minds and we just keep losing them because our Owner is a joke. He sits back when he needs to step in and sits back for years of terrible things and steps in when we absolutely need him to sit back it’s just whatever!!! I’m going to post here because you guys are family but I’m just tired of this team being so stupid!!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

You're going to quit because we're losing a scout?

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It's hard to refute that statement . I would like to but can't find the logic .

I mean he’s not a idiot. The man has spent his life in the game it’s just not the right decision. I just don’t know why we can’t have the next bright football mind on this staff. It’s not like we hired Vinny it’s just what your giving up and it’s just sad

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

You're going to quit because we're losing a scout?

We’re losing a scout that has a actual vision for what is going to be the model 5 years from now. Everyone can chase what the chiefs did or try to emulate the Patriots before that or the 9ers cowboys and us and giants before that. But when your chasing other teams models your always chasing. This guy while it might only be one great unit this guy was a huge part of building what could actually be one of the best DL’s in this game. I am not going to quit because I’m not a quitter I don’t have that in me. But I just see a guy and listened to this man talk football at the combine last year and I honestly just think this guy has something special. And knight while maybe he is just a scout this team actually has a bright core of young talent and I just I think this guy sees the game the way you want the guy picking players to see it. Idk maybe I’m crazy but there’s just certain traits I look for and for this guy to year in and year out keep snagging guys with those traits and to see the roster slowly improve the way you’d hope through the draft idk I think this is a huge loss. But who knows man I’m not in that building. I just this one actually hurts man. It was just nice feeling like you like this guy and that guy and we take them and they become the key players on this roster that made it look like we could do something great. Idk man I’ll toughen up soon I’m pretty used to this by now I just wanted to believe this team could do something special for once in my life man. 

• Like 1

I heard through the grape vine that they were planning to offer Kyle Smith a contract he couldn't refuse to continue scouting, but after 8 hours of straight arguing whether he would report to Mayhew, Hurney or Rivera they finally decided it was easier to fire him then sort out the org chart :)