Per Chris Russell Kyle Smith to Leave Sooner Than Later

MKnight82

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

So a 29 year old who got his shot and busted his tail off and actually did nothing associated with the Bruce Allen behavior and earned his job got disrespected because the man who screwed up everything actually gave a young man a job. So essentially we can be on the forefront with diversity but we can’t give a man a shot he EARNED because the man who hired him? So this isn’t about winning. And He’s full of crap because he’s cashing his paychecks from the man who was sleeping with Allen so he’s a hypocrite if this is a real story!!! Ron can kiss my *** because he hired a lesser candidate and disrespected the man in the process and discriminated him because the guy who gave a young man a shot. Real diverse thinking huh?

but I’m over it we know he’s leaving and we got Middleroad Ron. I’m over talking about this so what’s the worse that could happen we only gave a 8-8 coach complete control 🥸🥸🥸

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean...can you blame him? This entire thing has been a huge slap in the face.

Like I said before, I once was disrespected like this (passed over for promotion) because of a BS reason. I then took a 5-figure paycut to go somewhere else (and run the show there). 

The thing is, that Kyle will be a GM inside of the next 6-7 years (his career progression might have a hiccup with the move but it will resume). And he will be doing well for that team. 

Meanwhile we have "Security Blanket" front office that won't innovate, and won't see trends, or see something in a player they didn't notice because of existing biases. 

Just great.

The thing about it is- we got what we asked for.  We wanted Snyder to hand over the reigns.  He did so, but now Rivera essentially has total control and he doesn't want another voice in the room.  He is surrounding himself with his guys who follow his rules and match his philosophy.  We will live and die on the Rivera way.  It sure is better than the Bruce Allen way or the Dan Snyder way, but it isn't ideal either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I mean, I take your point, but I have to ask: how many aspects of a franchise are more important than scouting college players?

+1

Any team that hits the ball out of the park in the draft consistently is a team winning.  The thing about the draft is if you are successful it enables you to also be successful in free agency because if you draft well, then you have a lot of good cheap players and therefore cap space.

• Like 1