Per Chris Russell Kyle Smith to Leave Sooner Than Later

MKnight82

Just now, offbyone said:

I heard through the grape vine that they were planning to offer Kyle Smith a contract he couldn't refuse to continue scouting, but after 8 hours of straight arguing whether he would report to Mayhew, Hurney or Rivera they finally decided it was easier to fire him then sort out the org chart :)

You know - I can believe that !

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not debating that.  

I know bud!!! I can’t quit this one just hurt man. I really don’t have many things in my life because of football I work play and scout and while most people have a life and have meaningful relationships man I actually saw a team improve because a guy was selecting players that I was not only high on but almost every year 4 of them were mainstays in my mocks because IMO they were super valuable players. Idk trust me I’m already over it because I’m always prepared for the worse with this team I just actually wanted this because I thought it would bring something good I actually felt like all the bad things this teams been apart of I just thought for once we had someone to bring a bright future to this team. Listening to my mom and dad talk about Bobby Bethard and just knowing how important a scouting dept and someone who can read people and just has a vision can really change a franchise

Well, it’s Rivera’s show, and he’s going to bring people in that he’s comfortable with. Truth is we don’t know how much say Kyle had when Bruce or for that matter Ron ran the building. For every Kam Curl and Terry McLaurin we give him credit for, we cant blame everyone else and knock him for Guice and Haskins. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok describe his job 

Well Player Personnel seems to include pro players/ free agents too I think. Calling him a scout is like calling a CPA an accountant . IMHO , but we both know this is a stupid discussion . 🤣

When Rivera and Mayhew are being eschewed out of the building in 3-4 years and Kyle Smith is running some successful franchise we can all look back at this like we usually do when we as fans are left enjoying the embarrassment Snyder has put us through yet again.

Average headcoach surrounding himself with average to below average front office personnel. What could possibly go wrong? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Well, it’s Rivera’s show, and he’s going to bring people in that he’s comfortable with. Truth is we don’t know how much say Kyle had when Bruce or for that matter Ron ran the building. For every Kam Curl and Terry McLaurin we give him credit for, we cant blame everyone else and knock him for Guice and Haskins. 

Haskins was all Snyder. Kyle and even Bruce tried talking him out of it. I do wonder who Kyle had slated for the taking in that spot.