Free agents

WizardHawk

10 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I don't really get the obsession with trading Gallup. I would much prefer having the league's best WR trio for one more year with Dak healthy to whatever return you could realistically get for MG.

We know we'll likely get 1 more year and a 3rd or 4th rd comp, so for me a 2nd, or a 3rd from a bad team like the Jets is what would make consider trading him.  It's a luxury.  

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If there were a shred of legitimacy (highly unlikely) to a trade for Gilmore and MG is part of it, I’m all for it. Team has to get better on the other side of the ball and thus far they haven’t at all imo. 

It makes sense on paper but I don’t think either team would do it in practice. NE already addressed WR with Agholor and Bourne, not to mention the pricy pair of TEs. DAL basically doesn’t value DBs anymore and especially not ones on the wrong side of 30 up for an extension- would just make more sense to sign Hayward or Sherman or whoever.

13 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

We know we'll likely get 1 more year and a 3rd or 4th rd comp, so for me a 2nd, or a 3rd from a bad team like the Jets is what would make consider trading him.  It's a luxury.  

I wouldn’t call Gallup a luxury at all, that’s the disconnect. Man led our WR corps in snaps last year and plays a very different role from Cooper and Lamb (and Pitts and Waddle, proposed pseudo-replacements at 10).

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I wouldn’t call Gallup a luxury at all, that’s the disconnect. Man led our WR corps in snaps last year and plays a very different role from Cooper and Lamb (and Pitts and Waddle, proposed pseudo-replacements at 10).

Wasn't saying he's a luxury,  it's a luxury to have such problems, at least on offense.   That's why it has to be a really good offer to consider it.  Whereas Zeke,  I would trade for a 2025 7th.  

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Given how much we are ignoring our defense, we definitely cant afford to trade Gallup. We need all the help we can get.

If a player like Terrace Marshall,  Rondale Moore,  Elijah Moore, or Amari Rodgers fell to round 3,  or we traded down in the first and got a 2nd 2nd (Reminds me of Best of Times Lodge scene), and could snag Moore(I would love this), then I would be open to trading Gallup for a player,  or a 2022 2nd or early 3rd.   Beauty is we don't have to.   We could just wait for another team to have an injury,  or keep him.  

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If a player like Terrace Marshall,  Rondale Moore,  Elijah Moore, or Amari Rodgers fell to round 3,  or we traded down in the first and got a 2nd 2nd (Reminds me of Best of Times Lodge scene), and could snag Moore(I would love this), then I would be open to trading Gallup for a player,  or a 2022 2nd or early 3rd.   Beauty is we don't have to.   We could just wait for another team to have an injury,  or keep him.  

As deep as this draft is at WR, post-draft trade value for a WR in a contract year is likely low.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

As deep as this draft is at WR, post-draft trade value for a WR in a contract year is likely low.

Exactly.

Given that this is a deep draft at WR, the recent success of receivers in rounds 2 and 3, combined with having to pay Gallup.

Id be shocked if we got more than a late 3rd for him. Which at that point, better off keeping him and collecting the comp pick.

15 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Exactly.

Given that this is a deep draft at WR, the recent success of receivers in rounds 2 and 3, combined with having to pay Gallup.

Id be shocked if we got more than a late 3rd for him. Which at that point, better off keeping him and collecting the comp pick.

If we were to get a 3rd round pick for him, that will likely be higher than the comp pick we’d receive by letting him walk in free agency. I’d take the 3rd rounder.

1 minute ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I was more thinking a contender has an injury or wants help, or maybe NE since they can't draft WR's. 

If I’m New England, I’d wonder why I should trade for a WR when Kenny Golladay and JuJu Smith-Schuster are still out there.

• Like 1