Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If this goes past the draft...the Jets are 100% out on Watson. They will look to deal with teams that have the high picks that can get them a QB. Its really now or never for the Jets and Watson, but Houston would be doing themselves a major disservice waiting even in FA

I agree but only if we draft a QB in the first round which I believe to be very likely. If the Jets keep Sam and don’t draft a QB in round 1, then there may still be a possibility. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I agree but only if we draft a QB in the first round which I believe to be very likely. If the Jets keep Sam and don’t draft a QB in round 1, then there may still be a possibility. 

The #2 pick is really what sets us apart from any other team otherwise it would cost us a ridiculous amount to obtain him, an amount Douglas knows is way too much, and for the love of god I cant listen to another offseason of ridiculous Watson offers lol

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

If this goes past the draft...the Jets are 100% out on Watson. They will look to deal with teams that have the high picks that can get them a QB. Its really now or never for the Jets and Watson, but Houston would be doing themselves a major disservice waiting even in FA

I don't think we will be out of it at all. We are one of the teams that will have questions at quarterback into Week 1 of the regular season. Therefore, we will always be a trade option for Watson and the Texans imo.

If we draft a QB at 2, we would still be a possibility. If we trade that pick for more draft capital, we would still be a possibility. If we still have Darnold, we would still be a possibility, and if we trade him for more picks, we would still be a possibility.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounded like JD isn’t a fan of trading a big package for Watson. And that’s what it will take. So I see this dream being far fetched after listening to him today.

Did he say anything specific that leads you to believe that?  It also depends on what he considers a big package. 

JD loves his draft picks and he better get a GREAT deal if he is moving off pick 2 no matter if that is A LOT more picks or Watson. I would not be surprised if JD just offered the #2 pick and few mid round picks for Watson. I think the Texans are not gettimg what he is worth and are very mad because now all they can do is HOPE Watson comes back and plays for them. If they take the low ball deal that means they got ride of Hopkins, Watosn and Watt for pretty much nothing. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Did he say anything specific that leads you to believe that?  It also depends on what he considers a big package. 

He did say that the teams philosophy will still be to build through the draft.

And more or less said that trading for 1 players isn’t worth giving up a lot of draft capital for.

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounded like JD isn’t a fan of trading a big package for Watson. And that’s what it will take. So I see this dream being far fetched after listening to him today.

He also isn't fan of going big in free agency. 

Guess we have to wait until the draft for some excitement. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He also isn't fan of going big in free agency. 

Guess we have to wait until the draft for some excitement. 

Or a 6 year process of nearly perfect drafting to make us a contender.

Bc let’s not forget he wasn’t good in FA last year 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Or a 6 year process of nearly perfect drafting to make us a contender.

Bc let’s not forget he wasn’t good in FA last year 

I think his philosophy is good but he needs to hit on his draft picks to make his free agency pan out better if that makes sense. The issue was for us we needed our free agents to be better players because we cant depend on rookies to be great. It would have made more sense to go big, let the young guys develop and when they do then you begin going for lesser guys in free agency as you have already established and developed a strong core of home grown talent. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think his philosophy is good but he needs to hit on his draft picks to make his free agency pan out better if that makes sense. The issue was for us we needed our free agents to be better players because we cant depend on rookies to be great. It would have made more sense to go big, let the young guys develop and when they do then you begin going for lesser guys in free agency as you have already established and developed a strong core of home grown talent. 

Agreed. Building through the draft is the best philosophy. But when there’s money to spend and no one to pay. Why not spend it on a few couple year deals for bigger players. We pretty much have no one to pay big money to in the foreseeable future (especially if we draft a QB at 2). So there’s 0 point on just sitting on 30mill in cap space each year. He should’ve learned from last year that when you get tier down players. You get tier down results. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And more or less said that trading for 1 players isn’t worth giving up a lot of draft capital for.

We all kind of suspected that. The question is what does he consider “giving up a lot of draft capital “?  We may never know. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean yes and no. He literally did everything he said he'd do last year.

True, but he also admitted to a mistake with Robby. He is learning. We will not go nuts in FA ala Mac and Tanny, but upgrades will be made. It may just not be all the upgrades many fans desire.