49ers release Navorro Bowman; signs w/Raiders 1yr/3m

Forge

45 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you think he'll play this week? You guys need a lot of help from the little that i've seen.

The defense hasn't been all that bad to be honest. Besides the Redskins/Ravens game, they've been playing decent football. Just a glaring hole at MLB. 

Surprisingly our offense has been the problem. Rookie Offensive Coordinators suck. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The defense hasn't been all that bad to be honest. Besides the Redskins/Ravens game, they've been playing decent football. Just a glaring hole at MLB. 

Surprisingly our offense has been the problem. Rookie Offensive Coordinators suck. 

Really? I thought the front 7 besides Mack wasn't that good.

I know about the offensive problems. Cooper, Lynch and Carr are not performing to expectations. 

3 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Wow, seems some here are going off of name recognition like the 49er fans on FB acting like we lost an all pro in his prime. If he were still that great don't you think we woulda kept him with us??? I loved Bow when he was doin his thing but those days are over, sorry to break the news to everyone. 

I agree with what you said, but he's still the best LB on our team now...Perry Riley Jr was our best LB last year and he was a 1 year signing too. We really need to draft a LB in the 1st round.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Really? I thought the front 7 besides Mack wasn't that good.

I know about the offensive problems. Cooper, Lynch and Carr are not performing to expectations. 

Lynch is performing exactly as expected for people that didn’t buy the hype. 

Older RB? Check. Year off from football? Check. Retired after injuries? Check. Sub par play right before hanging the cleats? Check.

40 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lynch is performing exactly as expected for people that didn’t buy the hype. 

Older RB? Check. Year off from football? Check. Retired after injuries? Check. Sub par play right before hanging the cleats? Check.

Yes Lynch has been terrible. Not the main reason our offense has sucked though. Our play calling has been absolutely atrocious. Our Offensive Coordinator also switched us from a power block scheme to a ZBS scheme.. no reason why. Our OL was dominant last year and were built for a power scheme. All huge monsters. Downing has to go if he doesn't get this offense in gear. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes Lynch has been terrible. Not the main reason our offense has sucked though. Our play calling has been absolutely atrocious. Our Offensive Coordinator also switched us from a power block scheme to a ZBS scheme.. no reason why. Our OL was dominant last year and were built for a power scheme. All huge monsters. Downing has to go if he doesn't get this offense in gear. 

Yeah, not saying he’s been the main reason or anything. I know the line, Carr, and Cooper aren’t playing to the standard they established last year - whether it is because of Downing, player regression, or just flukey unluckiness. 

Just highlighting that Lynch’s expectations going into this season were way overblown by a lot of people IMO. He’s playing at about the level I expected him to.

5 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Wow, seems some here are going off of name recognition like the 49er fans on FB acting like we lost an all pro in his prime. If he were still that great don't you think we woulda kept him with us??? I loved Bow when he was doin his thing but those days are over, sorry to break the news to everyone. 

I thought I told you to stop reading Facebook comments. 

I mean. We do need experience at that spot pretty badly.  And also someone who isn't basically a practice squadder.  Bowman should be an upgrade over what Marquel Lee was if we play him similarly.  Hope we don't use him in coverage too much.  His injuries must have slowed him down.

12 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I don't think anyone here thinks his former all-pro self. But he can certainly be a 2 down MLB and make tackles in the run game.

And SF is in rebuild mode. So they let a veteran player loose to continue his career. Classy move IMO by the front office to let him choose.  

Archived