FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

Just now, Malfatron said:

The winner of the Final HOH....and gets to be the person to cast the sole eviction vote is....

@Outpost31

congrats outpost, you have won HOH!

you must now evict either shady or swoosh.

you have until saturday 11 pm cst to decide

times

outpost - 16 min

shady - 23 min

• Like 2

After three or maybe four attempts, I finally get to taste the final two.

But it's with a heavy heart.  @Shady Slim and @swoosh both deserve to be here in my position, both for different reasons.

I call Shady the happy duckling.  Ducks are smart, friendly and you just like being around them. 

I call Swoosh the drunken fox.  Foxeseses are smart, cunning creatures who know how to survive.  This is not in any way an insult or slight on Swoosh's character.  I genuinely believe he played a strong game. 

Since people are more likely to vote for a happy duckling than a cunning fox, I have to take Swoosh here.

@Shady Slim, never a more fun battle have I had on the internet.  The final 6 or 7 evictions were a constant tug of war of power in the house.  How I did it against the likes of you, Ted, Gopher and Swoosh I will never know. 

It truly is a major bummer to have to evict you, but I have to evict you. 

To the jury, I will answer any questions you have.

I will not be preparing a statement and instead respond to your questions like any politician does.

If you ask me, "Who deserves to win?"  I will say, "Me," and then go on way too long and bring up all sorts of things. 

If you ask me my favorite color, I will tell you, "Orange because I won 4 HOH competitions and 4 POV competitions." 

I might also make direct comments towards individual jury members if I feel like they might be on the fence. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

Its official

@Shady Slim has been evicted and will join the jury

such a sad day to see you go, shady. You always bring great gameplay and ethos to this Big Brother world

Congrats to our two finalists who lasted 97 days in the house!

@swoosh @Outpost31 are the final 2.

Jury members:

Now is your chance. You are responsible for selecting the player who deserves to win Big Brother 9.

You may ask any questions, and outpost/swoosh are free to make statements as well 

@ET80

@Dwight_Schrute

@gopherwrestler

@The Orca

@jasonwbantle

@TedLavie

@Shady Slim

• Like 1

@Malfatron, it was an absolute please - i like to think i'm a generally trustworthy fun to play with dude who knows when to make the cutthroat call and i feel that's how i played this game too. the challenges were a blast and your hosting's always great too, BBX here we come baby

@TedLavie @swoosh, we got to the final four together, and it's such a shame we couldn't get it done - but it was absolute buckets of fun playing with you guys, brothers beyond just the game; outpost's knocked off two of the menage a trois who so coyly controlled the game, and has the sights set on the third. good luck at the jury swoosh!

all of my other homies @gopherwrestler @The Orca @jasonwbantle who all went deep, kudos for a strong game and it was so much fun to have y'all along, you are all heavy hitters and played all great games

@ET80 i still am not proud of what i did, it was my only big game regret really and were i to have had control over that vote it would have been different. looking forward to making amends next game hehe (and when the radio show fires up again having you on if you're still keen)

@Outpost31, finally, as i said - you are a worthy adversary. i zigged, you zagged, i zwango'ed, but ya got me, ultimately. never forget who brokered your life in the pickle vote - you're welcome now ;); good luck at the jury. i can't put what you said better than how you yourself said it - as you say, playing through the last couple of weeks of the game at each others' throats was a tense, seesawing battle where we both scored wins and took losses. like i said above, you knocked off two members of the menage a trois and now the people will decide if you can take a third too!

badabing badaboom

• Like 4

the people are lucky i made the jury in that we get to see swoosh and outpost answer the shady slim jury question which is objectively the best question

@swoosh @Outpost31 here it is

now

don't bother with it tonight while you're tanked swoosh just save it for the morning hehe

pitch to me the case for the person sitting next to you to win. do it as fearlessly and frankly and passionately as you can. if you don't give it your all i will instantly vote for the other person. regardless of the merits of your case. good luck both of you!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

the people are lucky i made the jury in that we get to see swoosh and outpost answer the shady slim jury question which is objectively the best question

now

don't bother with it tonight while you're tanked swoosh just save it for the morning hehe

pitch to me the case for the person sitting next to you to win. do it as fearlessly and frankly and passionately as you can. if you don't give it your all i will instantly vote for the other person. regardless of the merits of your case. good luck both of you!!

Great question!

i expect the rest of the jury to pose some tough questions as well! 

the bar is set high here, jury!

your time to shine!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

now

This is the last question I will answer tonight.

Swoosh deserves to win because he plays the game the way I have always played the game before this game.  He knows how to hide behind vote numbers extremely well.  Meaning, he isn’t dumb enough to lie about his vote when there are 5 obvious votes and one questionable one.  He knows the numbers of the game very well, and he knows the situation of the game very well.  In this game, if you don’t know and can’t deduce the heirarchy of loyalty for each player, you’re dead. He gets that and he knows that.  He knew I wasn’t committing to a final two with him, so he adapted.  Early in the game.  It got him here.  He knew where I was at every step of the way with each player.  No he doesn’t, but he knew almost as well as I did.  He keeps secrets up his sleeve (just like I typically do).  He is fiercely competitive, and he KNOWS OR TRIES TO FIND OUT WHAT IS BEST FOR EACH PLAYER AT ANY TIME.  This is an extremely underrated facet of this game.

He can keep a secret, he can tell a lie.

Most importantly, he is a fun player to work with.

In these games, all things being equal, someone who is more fun will survive over someone who is less fun.

He also managed to make it this far without (I think) once being on the block.  That in itself is a major accomplishment.

• Like 2

@swoosh why does someone who barely won a single contest and hid behind two others in a 3 person alliance (getting them to do all your dirty work) deserve to win over someone like Outpost? What was your big game move? Finally, why should we vote for someone who admitted they’d rather be loyal then play the game or win?

@Outpost31what was your actual ideal endgame plan (when we were down to final 5)? What was the order of elimination and who did you want at the end?

I don’t think you both deserve to be there like all the rest of these *** kissers do. And although it seems clear where my vote lies (no spoilers) congrats to the BOTH of you for making it to the end by hook or by crook.