FF Big Brother 9: Swoosh wins!!

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Granted, but at the same time I had your life and Ted's life in my hands and chose to nominate ET in order to keep things good with your group.

I don't get saved multiple times by your group if not for the relationship I built with your group through the game.

although true, i'd argue that a fictional vote of ted or i vs jason sees jason get the boot unanimously - because i don't think orca raises the possibility of a blindside if it's anyone other than ET sitting next to jason on the block - you would have seen the other of me and ted, swoosh, et, orca, gopher, dwight, all voting to bounce jason

so i don't agree you had ted and i's life in the game in your hands at that point

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna be honest with you...

I'm going to finish the two New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPAs I have and then I'm drinking the rest of the free Busch Light I got from work.  Only question is which ones I grab first and last. 

7 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I was drinking hazy’s earlier. Moving on to old fashions tonight.

I like both your styles tonight. Both have my 1a and 1b drinks.

@Outpost31personally the IPA part kinda sounds not great. Maybe give that to the birds outside. Either that or just slam them quick, and move them onto the Busch Lights. Probably much easier to drink them before you dive into the top shelf Lattes.

@swooshlove me a good old fashion. What’s the Whiskey?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And frankly that's what got you further than Ted.  That's what got you not nominated next to Ted, too.  Great move.  ET and I have been known to pull some shenanigans.  Before he left, I had him go to Swoosh and Dwight suggesting they should get rid of me while they still can. 

I never heard back from him on how that plan went since he was voted out before he had a chance to report back.

this is... exactly what the rationale was! the plan was ted's idea initially so i can't take credit for hatching it but i think our implementation of it went pretty slickly, evidently, which is a cool thing - we knew when to gild the lily a little bit and i think that part of ted and i's strategic game shows we were a lot more than just social game players - and definitely had that killer streak that we could have argued to a jury too (my plan that swoosh executed to perfection on the orca eviction being the other relevant example)

fwiw @swooshwe didn't tell you about me lying to outpost about not trusting ted because this was right after the pickle vote and we felt we needed a safety net in place hehe - that was the only thing we kept from you really because we knew that it was you who voted to save pickle like straight away after the vote 😛

• Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

@Outpost31personally the IPA part kinda sounds not great. Maybe give that to the birds outside. Either that or just slam them quick, and move them onto the Busch Lights. Probably much easier to drink them before you dive into the top shelf Lattes.

I'm indifferent on IPAs.  I'll drink them, but I always have to wash them down with something else.  I get so much beer from work for free and I drink it all because it's free that people think I like IPAs.  These Voodoo Ranger IPAs were a birthday present.  So free.  So I drink them. 

Just now, Shady Slim said:

although true, i'd argue that a fictional vote of ted or i vs jason sees jason get the boot unanimously - because i don't think orca raises the possibility of a blindside if it's anyone other than ET sitting next to jason on the block - you would have seen the other of me and ted, swoosh, et, orca, gopher, dwight, all voting to bounce jason

so i don't agree you had ted and i's life in the game in your hands at that point

I did though.  Wait... No I didn't.  Not there.  I was thinking it was Ted on the block, but no that doesn't make sense.  I didn't nominate you against Jason. 

But still... I won the POV that sent Ted packing and the HOH that sent you packing.  So I technically did, just not at the time I was thinking, so yeah my error there. 

fwiw @swooshwe didn't tell you about me lying to outpost about not trusting ted because this was right after the pickle vote and we felt we needed a safety net in place hehe - that was the only thing we kept from you really because we knew that it was you who voted to save pickle like straight away after the vote 😛

That caused a lot of confusion for me.  I was discussing this with Swoosh and it got so damn annoying because Swoosh kept saying it was you, I kept saying no, it was Ted, and then I knew someone was feeding you three information, but I didn't think it could have been Swoosh because Swoosh is the one who brought up splitting you two up.  Way early.

I think... Can't confirm this, but I THINK Swoosh wanted me to do his dirty work for him.  I think he wanted me to split one of you two up so the remainder would be weakened and forced to side solely with Swoosh. 

But yeah, Swoosh played a good game dealing with me.  I was kinda stumbling there for a while. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly don't even remember they were on the block together, but if they were, chances are I voted to keep ET.

Did I tell you I would vote out ET? 

In general

Finn was up 3 times i think and ET 3 or 4. Not against each other but up for a vote. Did you vote either of them at any time? 

Just now, The Orca said:

In general

Finn was up 3 times i think and ET 3 or 4. Not against each other but up for a vote. Did you vote either of them at any time? 

Finn I voted out when he was up against ET.  I didn't vote him out the first time he was up.  If he was up three times, I probably voted him out twice. 

I never voted ET out, but I meant it when I told you I would help you get ET out if you voted Jason out that one time. 

ET lying to me on that first Jason vote made me suspect he had made a different final two deal.  I suspected with Jason, so I was 100% going to help you get ET out when I said I would help you get him out.  I just didn't want it to be as early as it was because I figured he would have been a safe HoH winner for me. 

14 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I like both your styles tonight. Both have my 1a and 1b drinks.

@swooshlove me a good old fashion. What’s the Whiskey?

Last night it happened to be "Evan Williams Bottled in Bond Bourbon". Whatever the hell that means. I only know cause I looked it up on the menu just now. It was pretty solid if I remember correctly, which is about a 50/50 shot. 

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I did though.  Wait... No I didn't.  Not there.  I was thinking it was Ted on the block, but no that doesn't make sense.  I didn't nominate you against Jason. 

But still... I won the POV that sent Ted packing and the HOH that sent you packing.  So I technically did, just not at the time I was thinking, so yeah my error there. 

That caused a lot of confusion for me.  I was discussing this with Swoosh and it got so damn annoying because Swoosh kept saying it was you, I kept saying no, it was Ted, and then I knew someone was feeding you three information, but I didn't think it could have been Swoosh because Swoosh is the one who brought up splitting you two up.  Way early.

I think... Can't confirm this, but I THINK Swoosh wanted me to do his dirty work for him.  I think he wanted me to split one of you two up so the remainder would be weakened and forced to side solely with Swoosh. 

But yeah, Swoosh played a good game dealing with me.  I was kinda stumbling there for a while. 

I did want you to do some of my dirty work, but it wasn't what you think. The whole game the plan was to keep the trio a secret. I mean, obviously right? Nobody wants alliances known. But I say that because that influenced a lot of what I said to yourself and others. I mean Jason kept trying to tell Shady that I wasn't loyal to him because I told him to put up Shady. Well yeah, that was all orchestrated. Shady told the same thing to Jason, except with me. If people found out about us as a group of three, we'd be an immediate target. Lots of two person alliances were known, but not many threes. Yourself/Dwight/Naz was one from the jump and Dwight/Naz both suffered because of it. So no, I didn't want you to take out Shady or Ted. I knew you had some sort of deal with Shady anyway. 

I did, however, use my insight from both sides to create an illusion of power, although some of that power was real. My goal was to take out everyone's support systems: Dwight for you, Gopher for Shady/Ted in order to have the best chance of making it here. Not only did I not talk to Dwight or Gopher much and thus would've been at risk of being nominated should they won a HoH late, I also knew by getting them out, each group would be forced to keep me close. This was less of an issue with Shady/Ted because we had a final 3, but more with you. As soon as I figured out I was safe with you, I started defended you to Shady/Ted. I'll stop there because I saw Shady asked a fantastic question about the time you and Dwight were on the block. 

• Like 2

I mentioned this earlier, but I went back and actually fact checked it with numbers. Outpost played in 6 more veto competitions than me. I think that's worth keeping in mind for those who are going to put a lot of weight in the competition win discrepancy. Doesn't change the fact that Outpost is a competition beast, but you have to play to win. I didn't get as many opportunities.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I mentioned this earlier, but I went back and actually fact checked it with numbers. Outpost played in 6 more veto competitions than me. I think that's worth keeping in mind for those who are going to put a lot of weight in the competition win discrepancy. Doesn't change the fact that Outpost is a competition beast, but you have to play to win. I didn't get as many opportunities.  

But less HOH competitions (because I won more).

Keep that in mind too, jury.