House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I've read about half of Fire and Blood before life got too busy, and it was pretty good. I can definitely see this being a good show.  I'm definitely going to tune in.

That was the one book I couldn't get through, but I'm not much of a reader at all. I only got through the ASOIAF ones because I loved the show so much. It was more of a history book than it was a story (at least where I threw in the towel at).

Pumped for this though. Aside of the last scene, the last few seasons of GoT got way too much hate. Seemed like it was the cool thing to do so everyone just piled on. Was it rushed? Absolutely, but that and the new King scene were my only gripes. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

That was the one book I couldn't get through, but I'm not much of a reader at all. I only got through the ASOIAF ones because I loved the show so much. It was more of a history book than it was a story (at least where I threw in the towel at).

Pumped for this though. Aside of the last scene, the last few seasons of GoT got way too much hate. Seemed like it was the cool thing to do so everyone just piled on. Was it rushed? Absolutely, but that and the new King scene were my only gripes. 

I didn't even hate the last couple seasons, I was just so underwhelmed.  So much potential wasted.  It could have ended in the exact same spot and been so much better had it just been put together better.  If each of the last two seasons had been 10 episodes so the WW war and some other things could have been given a little more room to breathe, it would have made a huge difference.  But the producers wanted to be done and they just **** out what we got rather than give it the attention and development it needed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

Why didn’t you change your UN to AegonTargaryen? 

16 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I didn't even hate the last couple seasons, I was just so underwhelmed.  So much potential wasted.  It could have ended in the exact same spot and been so much better had it just been put together better.  If each of the last two seasons had been 10 episodes so the WW war and some other things could have been given a little more room to breathe, it would have made a huge difference.  But the producers wanted to be done and they just **** out what we got rather than give it the attention and development it needed.

Pretty much agreed here. The final seasons were still better than most TV shows out there but a disappointment compared to the rest of the series.

Will definitely watch this.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

It's impressive how much that season killed off excitement for a GoT universe as a whole. 

I'm glad karma bit both of them in the butt for what they did, but it's a damn shame what happened to one of the best shows - when it launched.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Forge said:

The original show is worth the watch

Yeah I know. I just don’t know why I’m not motivated to watch since I love the books a lot. And I was happy that it was becoming a series on HBO too.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

This feels like it’ll have main character armor where all the top characters in the show sniff danger but are never actually in danger. Like walking dead. 

On the other hand though, the same can be said about Game of Thrones from another perspective, based on who you perceive to be the main characters. The mirage of being a pivotal player that never actually figured into the long term goals of the show. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16