House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

All those other authors can go **** themselves. It’s gotta be his words and ideas 

I would trust Elio Miguel García Jr and Linda Maria Antonsson to finish the story. GRRM has already trusted them to help him write two books in his world and they run Westeros.org. I hope he lets them finish it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

All those other authors can go **** themselves. It’s gotta be his words and ideas 

Yeah, but we're not going to get those.  At best we'll get a general outline from him that gets released when he dies, or is taken by another author to finish it.

Not HotD related necessarily but I'm rewatching GoT and my favorite character is Robb Stark. I'm coming up on the Red Wedding and I'm not happy about it. Series goes down hill afterwards for me tbh.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not HotD related necessarily but I'm rewatching GoT and my favorite character is Robb Stark. I'm coming up on the Red Wedding and I'm not happy about it. Series goes down hill afterwards for me tbh.

That one was tough. I kept at it in season 4 (the best season IMO), but the death of Oberyn caused me to quit watching for years. Once I heard seasons 7 and 8 were the last ones, I watched 5 and 6. But Oberyn really pissed me off. I get GRRM tries his best to make everyone killable and subvert expectations by showing even heroes get killed (I get it), but introducing arguably the best and most likeable character just to brutally kill him off less than a year later for shock value was too much for me at the time.

I eventually got sucked back into it, and honestly freaking love this world so much. I've read all the books and ancillary stuff twice because it's so dense and hard to keep up with at times. I've accepted he won't finish it at this point, which makes me wish I never read the main books because it's going to hurt to love this world so much and never get to see how it truly ends.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That one was tough. I kept at it in season 4 (the best season IMO), but the death of Oberyn caused me to quit watching for years. Once I heard seasons 7 and 8 were the last ones, I watched 5 and 6. But Oberyn really pissed me off. I get GRRM tries his best to make everyone killable and subvert expectations by showing even heroes get killed (I get it), but introducing arguably the best and most likeable character just to brutally kill him off less than a year later for shock value was too much for me at the time.

I eventually got sucked back into it, and honestly freaking love this world so much. I've read all the books and ancillary stuff twice because it's so dense and hard to keep up with at times. I've accepted he won't finish it at this point, which makes me wish I never read the main books because it's going to hurt to love this world so much and never get to see how it truly ends.

When I first read oberyns death in the books, I was so shocked I stopped reading it for a few weeks. Like you said he was easily my most favorite character, in that short span of time. 

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

When I first read oberyns death in the books, I was so shocked I stopped reading it for a few weeks. Like you said he was easily my most favorite character, in that short span of time. 

That's how I was after the red wedding. Didn't pick the book back up for at least a week.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I literally just saw the scene and I'm so mad. The "mother" gets me every time.

On 6/21/2024 at 7:02 AM, THE DUKE said:

And he's ignored the one thing everybody wants.  So, I guess I'll amend that to selfish rat bastard.

Writing's a ***** my man especially when you have (tens?) of millions of people waiting for you to release the book and you just dont know what to do with the next part of the story. He's had an outline on how it ends for years according to some old rough drafts from the 90s. 

But with his writing style and making sure it's the *right* ending. As well as ya know two massive books still to go with four massive battles that could kill off a lot of people. Not to mention the show fans being new fans and asking for the sequel with the show sucking.

Pressure creates writing blocks.

I think the funniest part is he probably finished it a while ago but since he writes on like a 95 windows computer it probably corrupted a while ago and now he's trying to re-write it.

That was solid.

The battle of the twins went as expected. We didn't know much about them, so losing them isn't that impactful emotionally.

I loved Otto cutting Aegon down with "Is that what you think?".

I'm officially over Alicent and Cole. Like, move on from this. It's distracting and is bringing the story down IMO.

• Like 1

I liked that episode a lot, especially the first half of it. Loved the grieving scenes from Aegon and Helenga. 

The internet thought this episode was called spoiler so I kept waiting for it to appear… it was not that. 

Spoiler

The taking of Harrenhall

On 6/21/2024 at 9:06 AM, beekay414 said:

Somebody will finish it because there will be a metric ton of $$$ in it for whoever does. It'll probably take Martin passing to do so but it'll happen IMO. 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:17 PM, seminoles1 said:

I would trust Elio Miguel García Jr and Linda Maria Antonsson to finish the story. GRRM has already trusted them to help him write two books in his world and they run Westeros.org. I hope he lets them finish it.

We will see if he changes his mind, but he's been adamant in the past that nobody is finishing his work after he dies. He's good friends with guys like Daniel Abraham and has mentioned specifically that they would never get to finish it.

Never know with heirs, though I think he's said in the past that he doesn't think Parris would have someone else finish it  either. Beyond that, who is to say. 

I believe that he has indicated that he wouldn't mind having notes and various manuscripts being made available though. Chapters that got cut, or stuff that he didn't finish. But he really doesn't want anyone writing it besides himself. 

Also, is westeros.org still a thing? Holy crap. I probably haven't posted on there in 15 years. 

Not that I'm going to stop watching but I'm also not that into the season. Last week we had a failed assassination reminiscent of the three stooges, this week the twins thing felt like something out of a 90s sitcom. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Xmad said:

Writing's a ***** my man especially when you have (tens?) of millions of people waiting for you to release the book and you just dont know what to do with the next part of the story. He's had an outline on how it ends for years according to some old rough drafts from the 90s. 

But with his writing style and making sure it's the *right* ending. As well as ya know two massive books still to go with four massive battles that could kill off a lot of people. Not to mention the show fans being new fans and asking for the sequel with the show sucking.

Pressure creates writing blocks.

I think the funniest part is he probably finished it a while ago but since he writes on like a 95 windows computer it probably corrupted a while ago and now he's trying to re-write it.

13 years, and counting.  It hasn't happened because it's not a priority for him.

• Like 2