House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

I knew it was coming, and that was still devastating. What bravery and courage to take on Vhagar, but wish she had just called it a victory to take down Aegon and Sunfyre (with the help of Aemond) and injured Vhagar and lived to tell the tale. Should have retreated back to Dragonstone after the first engagement. Looked like she was heading back when Aemond/Vhagar trapped her, which makes it even worse.

Bah! Great episode. These last 2 have been big improvements.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

With Aegon near death and likely crippled, Aemond, being the current heir will likely takeover as king?

Aemond is currently heir, so he or the Hand would rule if Aegon cannot.

Spoiler

Yes. Aegon is very badly injured for a while, so Aemond rules in his stead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

With Aegon near death and likely crippled, Aemond, being the current heir will likely takeover as king?

When a monarch is unable to rule a Regent rules in his stead. I don't know the books or if there are some specific rules in Westeros but historically it doesn't have to be the heir. It usually occurs when the monarch is too young and it is a high ranking Duke and probably the monarchs uncle or cousin. We know when Viserys was too infirm Rhaenyra wasn't called to rule, Alicent and Otto (as hand) did instead. But there is no formal rule generally on who it will be, it is generally agreement among other high ranking senior members. That would lead me to believe Aemond because Alicent has been very cautious regarding the war unlike the rest of the council and Cole is a no body, and certainly doesn't have the pedigree and political knowledge. So they would like choose Aemond, unless they truly feel it better to have the Regent be someone who can remain in Kings Landing to tend to all matters then it may be Alicent with Aemond being the de facto leader of their military.

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

All hail Aemond the 1st Targayen, new hand of the king.

Curious how bad Aegon will be crippled, like he's gonna be toasty and bed ridden but his actor was doing such a good job at being a dumb little ****.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

When a monarch is unable to rule a Regent rules in his stead. I don't know the books or if there are some specific rules in Westeros but historically it doesn't have to be the heir. It usually occurs when the monarch is too young and it is a high ranking Duke and probably the monarchs uncle or cousin. We know when Viserys was too infirm Rhaenyra wasn't called to rule, Alicent and Otto (as hand) did instead. But there is no formal rule generally on who it will be, it is generally agreement among other high ranking senior members. That would lead me to believe Aemond because Alicent has been very cautious regarding the war unlike the rest of the council and Cole is a no body, and certainly doesn't have the pedigree and political knowledge. So they would like choose Aemond, unless they truly feel it better to have the Regent be someone who can remain in Kings Landing to tend to all matters then it may be Alicent with Aemond being the de facto leader of their military.

Aemond is the oldest living male targayen of the previous king so the crown goes to him until Aegon's other son would be of age. 

Or until Rhanerya snatches it from the burnt crispy hands of Aegon "Burnt Toast" Targayen II 

Great episode. It's an interesting thing when you find yourself rooting for a fire breathing dragon :) 

Vhagar has a Godilla-like characterization and for being so huge, he's developed quite the knack for surprise / out of nowhere assaults.

Daemon better get his act in gear.........

I was a little underwhelmed by the Dragon vs Dragon battle.  The dragons wreaking havoc on the normal troops was done well, but there was literally zero strategy in the dragon battle other than fly straight at the dragon and yell dracarys on like three different occasions.  It's a plain idiotic plan of attack by any smaller dragon taking on a bigger dragon.  Just like Rhanys flying directly over the castle to escape was moronic.  I'm not asking for world class battle strategy here, just something a hint better than suicidal.

Alicent is just the worst.

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to her going bat**** crazy later on in the series, if there is one person in this show who deserves her misery, it's her.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I was a little underwhelmed by the Dragon vs Dragon battle.  The dragons wreaking havoc on the normal troops was done well, but there was literally zero strategy in the dragon battle other than fly straight at the dragon and yell dracarys on like three different occasions.  It's a plain idiotic plan of attack by any smaller dragon taking on a bigger dragon.  Just like Rhanys flying directly over the castle to escape was moronic.  I'm not asking for world class battle strategy here, just something a hint better than suicidal.

Alicent is just the worst.

Hide contents

I'm looking forward to her going bat**** crazy later on in the series, if there is one person in this show who deserves her misery, it's her.

Spoiler

I'd be surprised if they went that far in the series, tbh. She doesn't really go nuts until the very end of her life when she is basically under house arrest. I feel like this series likely ends with the Hour of the Wolf. I'm not sure how far they go beyond that. Maybe as an epilogue or something they show it? 

1 hour ago, Forge said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd be surprised if they went that far in the series, tbh. She doesn't really go nuts until the very end of her life when she is basically under house arrest. I feel like this series likely ends with the Hour of the Wolf. I'm not sure how far they go beyond that. Maybe as an epilogue or something they show it? 

Spoiler

I bet they change her death up a little for the show, moving it slightly up in the timeline. They won't leave her story thread dangling.

23 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m devastated. She was the best.

Not that I didn't like her from the get go but she was really growing on me into a strong and likable character.  Loved that she wanted to get out there but I think we all saw the writing on the wall.  Good planning by Aemond, I'm not letting Criston take credit lol.  Great episode, sad result is even sadder knowing it will be the end of the dragons soon.  Can't wait for more.