Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

8 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Rudy not gonna like the choice in that "him or me" scenario lol. There may be a surprise candidate to come out but honestly looks like he is going to be the best player on the trade market this offseason. Can definitely see on the cusp teams with a weakness at C/weak defense going after him like Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas (maybe not anymore after what Kidd said lol), etc. What kind of haul are you looking for if you're the Jazz?

The team will definitely choose Donovan because he has more "star power" and sells tickets. Rudy said the rumor isn't true though fwiw.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The team will definitely choose Donovan because he has more "star power" and sells tickets. Rudy said the rumor isn't true though fwiw.

The Jazz also have to think of playoffs and who other players would want to play with more. Historically Mitchell has been great in the playoffs and Gobert does a disappearing act. Other players also seem to dislike Gobert and always seem to poke fun at him around the All Star break. I think it would be easier for the Jazz to get other FA around Mitchell than it would be around Gobert.

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Jazz also have to think of playoffs and who other players would want to play with more. Historically Mitchell has been great in the playoffs and Gobert does a disappearing act. Other players also seem to dislike Gobert and always seem to poke fun at him around the All Star break. I think it would be easier for the Jazz to get other FA around Mitchell than it would be around Gobert.

I don't think it will be easy for us to attract talent via free agency either way. Rudy takes the blame like your own Baker Mayfield, he's not as good as hoped but not as bad as he is made out to be and takes the blame for a lot of other players short comings. Either way we need to make major changes.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the odds the Suns run it back vs letting Ayton leave in a sign and trade? Before that series I would've said of course they bring him back, but not sure anymore. What would even be some good landing spots for him? I'm not sure how the cap works out for all these teams because I'm too lazy to look them all up but fit wise I think Portland, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Washington would all love to have him.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

What are the odds the Suns run it back vs letting Ayton leave in a sign and trade? Before that series I would've said of course they bring him back, but not sure anymore. What would even be some good landing spots for him? I'm not sure how the cap works out for all these teams because I'm too lazy to look them all up but fit wise I think Portland, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Washington would all love to have him.

Charlotte seems like the best potential landing spot for him. They have two early picks this year so that helps, not sure what else they would be able to offer but a core of LaMelo/Bridges/Ayton is solid to build around.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Ayton is gone they’re not even hiding it. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Doesn't your owner want to trade him to avoid the luxury tax?

Might’ve still been true had the Suns won it all.  I think the way it ended there will be more drastic changes.  

I think a bad team like Detroit or Indy sign him to an offer-sheet and the Suns try to get something back.  

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Might’ve still been true had the Suns won it all.  I think the way it ended there will be more drastic changes.  

I think a bad team like Detroit or Indy sign him to an offer-sheet and the Suns try to get something back.  

I think the Hornets make the most sense. They have a lot of guys on expiring deals that they can potentially move, need a center, and have two 1st round picks.

28 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I hope so.  Adding Ayton to cade and a rookie this year would be solid.  We can send Jerami Grant for him and call it good.  Maybe Olynyk too if you need/want a C back.  Then Stewart can move to a backup PF/C role which suits him better. 

• Like 1