NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This game made me miss Klay even more. This the type of game Klay would have went off at the 3 point line

Considering we were leaving everyone wide open. especially in that first half.. yeah he would have.

The main concern with the Suns/Lakers match-up definitely has to be that it makes Vogel believe that 2 bigs (AD/Drummond) is a viable option just cause of the Suns' poor interior defense. That won't really work past that series. I'm fine with Drummond getting a decent amount of burn against them, but just don't fall in love with him as a starter for gods sake. I think I'd rather Gasol play more against the Suns, but with him being a DNP - Coach's Decision tonight.... idk when he'll get his minutes. I feel bad for dude cause he's such a good facilitator out of the high post and he can't move the same as earlier in his career, but he's still always putting himself in good defensive position and he can hit a 3 if we need to kick it out to him for one late in the clock. Not to mention he doesn't clog the paint. I really appreciate vets like him and Matthews. True professionals.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Like Curry fought off his demons at Staples scoring 37 points while being hounded all night by the #1 defense in the NBA and still shot 52% from the field and 67% from three. Dude had a higher +/- than any player not named LeBron James on the Lakers.

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Clicked on his profile and saw his tweets, goodness gracious.

What are you talking about? lol

Darius is very knowledgeable about the game and usually on the more pessimistic side about the Lakers of anyone on the Lakers Film Room podcast and usually brings LakersFilmRoom (Pete) and especially Mike Trudell (Lakers sideline reporter) down to earth when they start getting all sunshine and rainbows about things. 

Edit: Nvm... I see what happened now.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Saw his profile and saw his tweets, good gosh.🤦‍♂️

Oh you quoted the wrong post. I see. Yeah man we need more people like Maples commenting on the game of basketball and less people like Smith. I hate the way basketball is covered in the mainstream.

Bruh what??? No doubt 6 TOs was bad and he was loose with the ball but did this moron watch the game? Steph gets doubled/tripled team and he gives it up to the screener who then makes the pass to the open man. Steph isn't going to get the assists even though he's responsible for the entire thing…. I mean he may be able to get more assists if Draymond would actually shoot the ball. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm just saying there's levels to this. The Jazz were the best team in the league and the Rockets were the worst. 

The Jazz had the best record in the league. They aren’t the best team in the league. There’s plenty of examples of teams who just take the regular season more serious than others and secure the 1 seed and then proceed to get beat in the playoffs. The jazz are maybe the 3rd best team in the west. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bruh what??? No doubt 6 TOs was bad and he was loose with the ball but did this moron watch the game? Steph gets doubled/tripled team and he gives it up to the screener who then makes the pass to the open man. Steph isn't going to get the assists even though he's responsible for the entire thing…. I mean he may be able to get more assists if Draymond would actually shoot the ball. 

So sad that people don’t comprehend. People think you can get a lot of assists being double/triple teamed half court. Assists are so misleading. How guys like this earn that check Mark baffles me, otherwise they’d just be a viewed as a casual 

• Like 1