What are you thinking about?

pwny

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Did they do anything for the ice or just let it melt on its own?

Nothing until yesterday. Today there was enough melt for the roads to be clear for her car.

They did nothing to her street though. It’s still so iced we had to leave by going in reverse to be down hill. And she lives next to one of the main streets in Nashville, literally one over.

There was a giant pile of ice blocking thd cross street, because the Nashville snow plows only plowed up to the drive in of the Zaxby’s. After that, literally nothing.

Edited by Daniel

On 2/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, Blackstar12 said:

Well if there’s any good news lots of plumbers are about to get paid very well. Plumbers are so underappreciated in our society.

Indeed.

Update (hopefully last one!): My mom and I went back to her house (which is in my neighborhood, actually - four houses down) and I got the process started on her insurance claim, etc. My sister got a plumber out to her house and found her leak comes from the tankless water heater they have - the freeze broke it, so it needs to be replaced. It's under warranty, so it should be straightforward.

I asked the guys to head to my house when they finished (and told em I pay cash) so they came over and looked at my water lines. They found the leak was at my water softener unit, which is in my backyard. A few of the pipes busted and one of the seals broke on the softener; I'll need to replace the entire unit, but the plumber was able to put in a bypass around the unit, so I have running (hard) water until I can get the unit replaced. 

Replacing/insulating the pipe and creating the bypass came out to less than $200 - which is considerably cheaper than some of these drywall repairs from busted pipes. All in all - I came out pretty well, all things considered.

I'm still waiting to rip ERCOT down, brick by brick...

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's appreciated - all things considered, I got off very lucky. I'm watching the news - holy moly, this is worse than Harvey for a lot of people.

My buddy in Austin's house got pretty messed up, but he seems to be better off than a lot of others.

• Like 1