What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 11/29/2023 at 5:29 AM, MWil23 said:

The chiropractor has really helped reset my lower back and neck the past 2 visits. Sleep is better and I have my resting heart rate down 5-7 bpm.

It's wild how these different sort of things can be so interrelated.

A while ago in the fall, they were doing a bunch of road construction outside my apartment.  So for like 3-4 straight days it was just constant vibrations off and on from the heavy duty rollers they were using.  Mostly at night when i was trying to sleep.

It ****ed me up so bad.  It was wild.  Messed with my equilibrium where i'd get out of bed and feel like i was on a ship at sea or something.  My neck just hurt constantly.  Messed with my heart rate where i'd have kinda spooky episodes where it'd just be racing for absolutely no reason while i was laying in bed trying to sleep.  Killed my appetite.  Just really weird.

Human bodies are such strange complex machines.  All this stuff weirdly interconnected.

I got the first professional massage of my life today. She used cupping. The parts of my body that had been aching for months look purple right now. The parts that weren’t so bad for pain look just a little different from my regular skin tone. I didn’t tell her where I was feeling pain.

I have to believe that means something. I have never felt better in my entire life.

On 10/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, beekay414 said:

Letting my hair grow out for the first time in my adult life. I typically shave it all off but I've gone about 3 months without a hair cut at this point. Let's just say, thank god for hats. My nickname is Chia ffs lol.

I've hit the stage where I no longer look absolutely stupid wearing a trucker hat (like I used to when I had less hair) but I've hit the stage where I absolutely have to wear a hat because my hair is unmanageable. There's a plus to this because I now look appropriate when I wear flannel and trucker hats but I also LOOK like I VOTE the way people who wear flannel and trucker hats do. The long(er) hair has opened up new avenues but I'm still nowhere near where I wanna be but I'm not sure I have the willpower to pull through long enough to get there. 

56 minutes ago, D82 said:

35,000 members at one time and now we're lucky to get 100 on 

In the current landscape, this forum is actually pretty thriving compared to most others.  

Josh Harris nearly canned ExtremeSkins a month ago.  Tribune, through a shell company, shut down ProSportsDaily with less than a week notice over the summer.  It is nearly impossible to start a forum like this anymore.  

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In the current landscape, this forum is actually pretty thriving compared to most others.  

Josh Harris nearly canned ExtremeSkins a month ago.  Tribune, through a shell company, shut down ProSportsDaily with less than a week notice over the summer.  It is nearly impossible to start a forum like this anymore.  

It sucks that these things have declined. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D82 said:

35,000 members at one time and now we're lucky to get 100 on 

The Internet Forum as dying as a format.  It's being killed off all over the place in favor of quick hot take culture.  Social media, reddit, etc.

I put up with the hilariously annoying ads and all the rest, just for the value of keeping on with something that has an actual community, and a place where you can have a genuine dialogue about something.  Multiple paragraphs even, going back and forth.  But the reaper is coming for this place, along with everything else that used to be good about the internet.

• Like 1

My partner just scored an 8-Ender in Frogtown at the Aurora bonspiel!

For non-curlers, an 8-ender is equivalent to a perfect game in baseball. Rarer than a hole-in-one. Most curlers never get one in their life. And it happened at a bonspiel (tournament).

She basically just threw a World Series perfect game. A hole-in-one at the Masters. A hat trick in the Champions League.

Time to party. 

Edited by Heimdallr
  • Like 7

On 12/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, Heimdallr said:

My partner just scored an 8-Ender in Frogtown at the Aurora bonspiel!

For non-curlers, an 8-ender is equivalent to a perfect game in baseball. Rarer than a hole-in-one. Most curlers never get one in their life. And it happened at a bonspiel (tournament).

She basically just threw a World Series perfect game. A hole-in-one at the Masters. A hat trick in the Champions League.

Time to party. 

I feel like, "for non-curlers" almost just goes without saying as an assumption in a football forum.  I'm not sure what the crossover is...but i doubt it exists at all, outside of Canada and Junior Canada (aka Minnesooota and Wiscansin).

But also what on earth kind of team/rink were they playing?  How do you even pull that off?  😆 Like strategically...it's so rare because more often than not, you bail on even trying for that because it's basically impossible.  Start throwing guards or peeling your own rocks so you don't get in trouble.  Only way to do it is if the other team basically flashes, burns, or somehow horrifically misses every rock.  And even then, are they not playing with some sort of free guard zone/X rock rule that tends to dictate early end strategy?  How'd they all end up in the rings?  lol.

I recall an end at the Olympics a bunch of years back (Sochi maybe even or Pyeongchang?) that had some random end that i had to take a screenshot of because it had me in absolutely hysteric stitches laughing at how many rocks somehow ended up in the rings.  It was absolutely hilarious.  I can't even really visualize what 8 scoring rocks would look like...without anything else in there.  Where'd the rest go???

But congrats to the partner.  That's quite the feat.  lol.