What are you thinking about?

pwny

I'm thinking about placing some of my sports betting winnings into the stock market and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? I could of swore there was a message board on this website. My goal is to gamble just on my profit from the stockmarket and building a nest egg.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:31 AM, adamq said:

So we went from "he's got that dog in him" to "he is him".. next is it just "he is"

I think we probably just cycle back around to "Who dat?"

But who knows.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 11:39 AM, D82 said:

Applying for jobs sucks. Why do I need to upload my resume and then type in all of that same information? 

Literally the most idiotic, inefficient, anxiety-inducing process in the entire world.  Especially just firing resumes out to things you're entirely qualified for and getting...literally nothing back. Even after you've jumped the hoops.  lol.

The redundancy of everything.  Let's do a cover letter.  But also write "why you want to work here".  Then we'll do a resume.  Then we'll fill out an application.  But also, we want a portfolio is just the final straw.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:22 PM, D82 said:

Skate shoes I had for $75 back in 2007 now go for $350 on eBay....

My skate shoes from 2007 are absolutely destroyed.  But i'd like a pair for drumming.  Never found a shoe that felt as natural for that.  Vans ******* lost the plot.

Heck, i found some Asics i love for just driving and doing various stuff...and they changed and cancelled the **** i liked too.  Replaced it with something worse.

I just want a nice flexible sole.  Is that too much to ask?

Every Vans shoe now is hilarious.  They've all got the exact same super flat rigid sole.  Capitalism is helping create less products.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, thebestever6 said:

I'm thinking about placing some of my sports betting winnings into the stock market and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? I could of swore there was a message board on this website. My goal is to gamble just on my profit from the stockmarket and building a nest egg.

The best place to start that I've found for all things personal finance is the reddit/r/personalfinance flowchart. Here it is:

FinFlowChartv43.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't send them and I hate being asked. 

If someone isn't responding, it should be on the sender to re-prompt and pester and annoy. Proactively micromanaging every follow up because the sender is uncomfortable being the bad guy who reminds people is rude.

Outlook should remove it. And people who do it on text messages are pure psychopaths.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

People that request read receipts on their emails

straight-to-jail-crime.gif

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I have never responded to a read receipt in my career and I never will.

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't send them and I hate being asked. 

The only time I ever did it was as a teacher when corresponding home via a grade or other important subject, usually followed with something like “I can’t meet in person or call you” to ensure they got the message it was CYA documentation to save us both time.

Aside from that, read receipts are the absolute worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If someone isn't responding, it should be on the sender to re-prompt and pester and annoy. Proactively micromanaging every follow up because the sender is uncomfortable being the bad guy who reminds people is rude.

Outlook should remove it. And people who do it on text messages are pure psychopaths.

The Gmail “prompted response” shortcut feature should be removed from emails with more than 1 sender. You’d be stunned how many people don’t understand that using that feature defaults to a “reply all”.

Congratulations, now the entire work force knows that you replied “Thank You!” 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Why do certain networks play the same commercial over and over. This past Sunday they played the same Las Vegas commercial with Chad Johnson like 3x in a row I thought my TV was glitching lol.

Because the company paid lots of money to drill that **** into your ear and eye holes.  Repeatedly.  Until it's burned into your retina and rings in your ears all the way into tomorrow.  lol.

• Like 1