Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

9 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

The only team left on the schedule that "scares" me is Atlanta. getting into a track meet with them is a recipe for disaster, and if the defense plays the way it did against Detroit that's the kind of game it will be. 

I am pretty confident that the Vikings will find success against Carolina. I don't see them being able to move the ball easily with the way that their offense is built.

Atlanta only scares me if Xavier Rhodes is off his game like he was on Thanksgiving.  

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

"The Rams still have a shot at a bye. The Eagles next two weeks are at Seattle and at LA. If they lose those two games and the Rams win their next two games (at Arizona and Philly), then the Rams will have one of the top two spots."

interesting....

The interesting thing to me is that whoever wrote that basically conceded that the Vikings will have one of the byes. I can't really disagree, either.....

7 minutes ago, Klomp said:

The interesting thing to me is that whoever wrote that basically conceded that the Vikings will have one of the byes. I can't really disagree, either.....

It makes sense, especially considering the Vikings have the tiebreakers on the Rams and Saints and potentially the Panthers...and the Eagles too (considering the SoS), so if they end up in a tie with any one of them or multiples of them, they'll win.   

-The division is essentially clinched (up three games with five games left; one win should clinch a share, correct?)
-One game should separate us from home-field advantage throughout the playoffs

Philadelphia's remaining schedule: at SEA, at LAR, at NYG, vs. OAK, vs. DAL
Minnesota's remaining schedule: at ATL, at CAR, vs. CIN, at GB, vs. CHI

I would not be shocked to see Philadelphia drop back to back games, nor would I be shocked if they them either, but Seattle and the Rams are very, very tough teams to beat, especially at home. 

And, like the Vikings, Philadelphia has back to back to back games on the road, two of them traveling to the west coast. That’s a very tough stretch. 

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I would not be shocked to see Philadelphia drop back to back games, nor would I be shocked if they them either, but Seattle and the Rams are very, very tough teams to beat, especially at home. 

And, like the Vikings, Philadelphia has back to back to back games on the road, two of them traveling to the west coast. That’s a very tough stretch. 

Seattle doesn't seem as tough at home this year. I agree with the Rams, they really need to beat Philly for MN to get consideration for the #1 seed, so long as MN and Philly win the games each team should.

Archived