Falcons release CB Ricardo Allen, DE Allen Bailey

FalconFan13

2 of the 3 or 4 i expected and had on my lists of guys to be cut to make maximum cap space.    Rico and Bailey are solid players and both should land on another team easily.  Rico was one of the smartest players on the field at any given time he was like a QB back there.  He just wasn't athletic enough to take advantage of it sadly.  If he had the athleticism and talent to match his brains he would be a Pro Bowler or All Pro.    He is also the type of guy that when he does retire he will be a GREAT COACH if he chooses to do it.   Still both positions needed to be upgraded and have needed to for a bit now even more so at the cap hit they were taking up.

27 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

2 of the 3 or 4 i expected and had on my lists of guys to be cut to make maximum cap space.    Rico and Bailey are solid players and both should land on another team easily.  Rico was one of the smartest players on the field at any given time he was like a QB back there.  He just wasn't athletic enough to take advantage of it sadly.  If he had the athleticism and talent to match his brains he would be a Pro Bowler or All Pro.    He is also the type of guy that when he does retire he will be a GREAT COACH if he chooses to do it.   Still both positions needed to be upgraded and have needed to for a bit now even more so at the cap hit they were taking up.

What do these two fetch in the open market?  Are either gonna start anywhere?

Edited by NudeTayne

43 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This is small potatoes and can be shared just as well in the Falcons forum. Now you release Julio then sure. 

Rico i would consider solid news he was our starting FS for the last 5 to 6 years and might start for others going forward lol.   Bailey i can agree is small potatoes though XD   I understand though sir we are the Falcons our relevance is of little value we will not bother you anymore :*(

Edited by FalconFan13

47 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Rico i would consider solid news he was our starting FS for the last 5 to 6 years and might start for others going forward lol.   Bailey i can agree is small potatoes though XD   I understand though sir we are the Falcons our relevance is of little value we will not bother you anymore :*(

I mean it’s such small potatoes they can’t even get his position correct in the tweet. They wouldn’t call Julio a TE...

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

25 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I mean it’s such small potatoes they can’t even get his position correct in the tweet. They wouldn’t call Julio a TE...

Nick Easton was a backup guard and his release got a thread in NFL News that reached its second page.

Quit crapping on small potatoes! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Nick Easton was a backup guard and his release got a thread in NFL News that reached its second page.

Quit crapping on small potatoes! 

Damn right Dome get em >.>  stand up for the little guys.  Don't let that tyrant Counselor shame them they are future idaho spuds if they dream big enough.