Jump to content

3 Round Mock w/ 3 Trades


Recommended Posts

Went with a more broken up structure to help people find their team's picks a bit easier.

Pre-Draft Trades:
CAR trades QB Teddy Bridgewater to NE for #111 and #142
NYJ trades QB Sam Darnold to DEN for #71 and 2022 3rd
IND sends #21 to BAL for OT Orlando Brown

BY TEAM:

Arizona Cardinals:
1.16: Patrick Surtain || DB || Alabama
2.49: Pat Freieruth || TE || Penn St.
3.80: Ben Cleveland || OL || Georgia

Atlanta Falcons:
WASH sends #19, #51, #146 and 2022 1st to Atlanta for #4
1.19: Mac Jones || QB || Alabama
2.35: Carlos Basham Jr. || EDGE || Wake Forest
2.51: Ar'Darius Washington || S || TCU
3.68: Greg Newsome || DB || Northwestern

Baltimore Ravens:
1.21: Alijah Vera-Tucker || OL || USC
1.27: Rondale Moore || WR || Purdue
2.58: Jaelan Phillips || EDGE || Miami

Buffalo Bills:
1.30: Zaven Colins || LB || Tulsa
2.61: Jalen Mayfield || OL || Michigan
3.94: Rachad Wildgoose || DB || Wisconsin

Carolina Panthers:
CAR sends #8, #103 and 2022 2nd to CIN for #5
1.5: Trey Lance || QB || North Dakota St.
2.39: Samuel Cosmi || OL || Texas
3.73: Shakur Brown || DB || Michigan St.

Chicago Bears:
1.20: Nick Bolton || LB || Missouri
2.52: Liam Eichenberg || OL || Notre Dame
3.84: Cade Johnson || WR || South Dakota St.

Cincinnati Bengals:
CAR sends #8, #103 and 2022 2nd to CIN for #5
1.8: Ja'Marr Chase || WR || LSU
2.38: Alex Leatherwood || OL || Alabama
3.69: Ifeatu Melifonwu || DB || Syracuse

Cleveland Browns:
1.26: Rashod Bateman || WR || Minnesota
2.59: Jabril Cox || LB || LSU
3.90: Cameron Sample || EDGE || Tulane
3.92: Paris Ford || S || Pittsburgh

Dallas Cowboys:
1.10: Christian Barmore || DL || Alabama
2.44: Elijah Molden || S || Washington
3.75: Rashad Weaver || EDGE || Pittsburgh

Denver Broncos:
NYJ trades QB Sam Darnold to DEN for #71 and 2022 3rd
1.9: Micah Parsons || LB || Penn St.
2.40: Landon Dickerson || OL || Alabama

Detroit Lions:
LAC sends #13, #78 and 2022 2nd to Detroit for #7
1.13: Kwity Paye || EDGE || Michigan
2.41: Alim McNeil || DL || N.C. St.
3.72: Tylan Wallace || WR || Oklahoma
3.78: Eric Stokes || DB || Georgia
3.89: Thomas Graham Jr. || DB || Oregon

Green Bay Packers:
1.29: Elijah Moore || WR || Ole Miss
2.62: Daviyon Nixon || DL || Iowa
3.93: Javonte Williams || HB || North Carolina

Houston Texans:
3.67: Marvin Wilson || DL || Florida St.

Indianapolis Colts:
IND sends #21 to BAL for OT Orlando Brown
2.54: Ronnie Perkins || EDGE || Oklahoma

Jacksonville Jaguars:
1.1: Trevor Lawrence || QB || Clemson
1.25: Teven Jenkins || OL || Oklahoma St.
2.33: Dillon Radunz || OL || North Dakota St.
2.45: Richie Grant || S || UCF
3.65: Tommy Togiai || DL || Ohio St.

Kansas City Chiefs:
1.31: Wyatt Davis || OL || Ohio St.
2.63: Dayo Odeyingbo || EDGE || Vanderbilt
3.95: Sage Surratt || WR || Wake Forest

Las Vegas Raiders:
1.17: Trevon Moehrig || S || TCU
2.48: Justin Hilliard || LB || Ohio St.
3.81: Benjamin St-Juste || DB || Minnesota

Los Angeles Chargers:
LAC sends #13, #78 and 2022 2nd to Detroit for #7
1.7: Rashawn Slater || OL || Northwestern
2.47: Jackson Carman || OL || Clemson

Los Angeles Rams:
2.57: Joseph Ossai || EDGE || Texas

Miami Dolphins:
1.3: Penei Sewell || OL || Oregon
1.18: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah || LB || Notre Dame
2.36: Kadarius Toney || WR || Florida
2.50: Payton Turner || EDGE || Houston
3.82: Kendrick Green || OL || Illinois

Minnesota Vikings:
1.14: Gregory Rousseau || EDGE || Miami
3.79: Levi Onwuzurike || DL || Washington
3.91: Quinn Meinerz || OL || Wisconsin-Whitewater

New England Patriots:
1.15: Kyle Pitts || TE || Florida
2.46: Dyami Brown || WR || North Carolina

New Orleans Saints:
1.28: Jaycee Horn || DB || South Carolina
2.60: Andre Cisco || S || Syracuse

New York Giants:
1.11: Christian Darrisaw || OL || Virginia Tech
2.42: Terrace Marshall || WR || LSU
3.76: Creed Humphrey || OL || Oklahoma

New York Jets:
1.2: Zach Wilson || QB || BYU
1.23: Jayson Oweh || EDGE || Penn St.
2.34: Travis Etienne || HB || Clemson
3.66: Tay Gowan || DB || UCF
3.71: Jevon Holland || S || Oregon
3.87: Jaelon Darden || WR || North Texas

Philadelphia Eagles:
1.6: Devonta Smith || WR || Alabama
2.37: Tyson Campbell || DB || Georgia
3.70: Jamin Davis || LB || Kentucky
3.85: Brevin Jordan || TE || Miami

Pittsburgh Steelers:
1.24: Jaylen Waddle || WR || Alabama
2.55: Najee Harris || HB || Alabama
3.88: Trey Smith || OL || Tennessee

San Francisco 49ers:
1.12: Caleb Farley || DB || Virginia Tech
2.43: Kyle Trask || QB || Florida

Seattle Seahawks:
2.56: Walker Little || OL || Stanford

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
1.32: Asante Samuel Jr. || DB || Florida St.
2.64: Osa Odighizuwa || DL || UCLA
3.96: Davis Mills || QB || Stanford

Tennessee Titans:
1.22: Azeez Ojulari || EDGE || Georgia
2.53: Aaron Robinson || DB || UCF
3.86: Tylan Wallace || WR || Oklahoma

Washington Naughtynames:
WASH sends #19, #51, #146 and 2022 1st to Atlanta for #4
1.4: Justin Fields || QB || Ohio St.
3.74: James Hudson || OL || Cincinnati
3.83: Chazz Surratt || LB || North Carolina

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not really enough for Washington to trade up to 4 from 19 for. they'd need at least another 1st round pick. 

That being said, I don't hate the mock. Feels a bit high for Mac Jones, but I like the fit of Jones here. The other picks address needs, but personally, I'd rather see Leatherwood there at the 2nd pick than Basham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's not really enough for Washington to trade up to 4 from 19 for. they'd need at least another 1st round pick. 

That being said, I don't hate the mock. Feels a bit high for Mac Jones, but I like the fit of Jones here. The other picks address needs, but personally, I'd rather see Leatherwood there at the 2nd pick than Basham.

I just used the good old "draft pick value chart" for simplicity, honestly.

However, using the Mahomes trade as a baseline, it's not unreasonable.

27->10 (17 spots)
2017 #27
2018 1st
2017 3rd

My mock:
19->4 (15 spots)
2021 #19
2022 1st
2021 2nd
2021 4th

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never got into reading it after seeing that GOD AWFUL return for Darnold. He's rumored to get a possible late 1st, high 2nd at worst. So trading him for 2 3rd rounders is just awful. 

I'd honestly be shocked if he returned more than a 2nd or two 3rds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cypher said:

I just used the good old "draft pick value chart" for simplicity, honestly.

However, using the Mahomes trade as a baseline, it's not unreasonable.

27->10 (17 spots)
2017 #27
2018 1st
2017 3rd

My mock:
19->4 (15 spots)
2021 #19
2022 1st
2021 2nd
2021 4th

4 is worth more than 10. so that 2nd does make a difference for sure. I didn't see the 4th round pick. Just thought it was a 1st, 2nd and 1st. My bad, dude.

Edited by scar988
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any of the players you gave to the Steelers will be there when you have them picking. I'd be eccastic if that was our haul. We need a center, but I'm going to pretend that in your offseason we signed Alex Mack. That would be an awesome haul but, like I said, I don't think it's very realistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice trade back and still get JeMarr Chase.  I just don't like mocks that have us trade back for future picks, so I don't get to see the payoff.

 

Leatherwood is fine, but there are a couple of OTs that I'd like more still available after scfrolling thru (Mayfield, maybe Cosmi, didn't keep looking for more)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure the Colts are going to trade for Brown. It’s likely he requires a new deal and the Colts have Nelson, Leonard and Smith contracts on the horizon. Getting a rookie LT allows the Colts to extend all three of those and keep the OL together 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Never got into reading it after seeing that GOD AWFUL return for Darnold. He's rumored to get a possible late 1st, high 2nd at worst. So trading him for 2 3rd rounders is just awful. 

It's more or less what Carson Wentz went for, so I don't think it is unreasonable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cypher said:

1.26: Rashod Bateman || WR || Minnesota
2.59: Jabril Cox || LB || LSU
3.90: Cameron Sample || EDGE || Tulane
3.92: Paris Ford || S || Pittsburgh

Yuck to Bateman. The Browns could use another WR, but not in round 1. And certainly not a possession WR like Bateman. We already have guys similar to Bateman, a prospect who I actually do like.

Jabril Cox isn't a terrible pick, but I don't think he's any better than guys that can be had in rounds 4 & 5. He's not good against the run. We already have a fast linebacker that is good in coverage that can't tackle or shed blocks (Mack Wilson).

Cam Sample isn't what we're looking for. While we do need a big base LDE, Sample strikes me as a very low upside pass rusher. I think he's 3 rounds too early here.

Paris Ford is going to be excellent. I'd love that pick, even if it were at #26 overall. That's how much I love Paris Ford.

 

Overall, I think this would be a bleh Browns draft, despite them landing my favorite player in the 3rd round.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Yuck to Bateman. The Browns could use another WR, but not in round 1. And certainly not a possession WR like Bateman. We already have guys similar to Bateman, a prospect who I actually do like.

Jabril Cox isn't a terrible pick, but I don't think he's any better than guys that can be had in rounds 4 & 5. He's not good against the run. We already have a fast linebacker that is good in coverage that can't tackle or shed blocks (Mack Wilson).

Cam Sample isn't what we're looking for. While we do need a big base LDE, Sample strikes me as a very low upside pass rusher. I think he's 3 rounds too early here.

Paris Ford is going to be excellent. I'd love that pick, even if it were at #26 overall. That's how much I love Paris Ford.

 

Overall, I think this would be a bleh Browns draft, despite them landing my favorite player in the 3rd round.

Honestly, I was struggling with the Browns. The board typically fell really badly for them over and over imo. I don't agree at all that Sample is "three rounds too early" though. I'd be shocked if he's not gone by the end of the 3rd. Cox I can kind of see your point though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...