Draft Talk

onejayhawk

7 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Forgot Dyambi Brown

I wasn't trying to be all inclusive, just list some lesser discussed names that Project to be available around our current draft picks and that might project to the X WR. I think there is a good chance Brown goes before our second round picks.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Draft is about 29 hours away. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the first round this year, which would be the first time in maybe ten+ years?

I'll likely post my final mock for us and my top remaining choices either tomorrow night or Friday before it starts.

I’ll watch it for the intrigue, also have a feeling Veach trades into the 1st round of someone he likes falls

1 minute ago, chiefs82 said:

I’ll watch it for the intrigue, also have a feeling Veach trades into the 1st round of someone he likes falls

It wouldn't surprise me. Combining our 2nd round picks would be valued around pick 32. If not tomorrow, I fully expect us to trade up at some point. Veach has said that there isn't much value past the 3rd round this year and we don't have a 3rd round pick. I disagree with that thought though. Rounds 3-5 look real good to me for depth and developmental guys, with some having immediate starting potential.

I'm going to guess we draft 5 players and also trade another 2022 draft pick in a trade up.

2 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

If you combine all of our picks you have enough for a book offer on #27.

Unlike two years ago, we have more holes to fill than picks to use. Going for more picks makes sense. If we trade up for a specific player, it would likely on day two or early on day three. For example, both our second round picks for Miami's second and third, plus a few later picks as change. However, having two picks close together is very handy, so i don't expect it to be discarded lightly.

J

17 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't take him until the 4th personally. Just too many medical red flags for me. But in the 4th it's worth the gamble.

It would be hard for me to pull the trigger on Farley or Phillips in round 2. IMO we need to hit on our early picks to add quality cost controlled players. I would hate to gamble and lose by drafting a player that ends up making Sammy Watkins look like an iron man.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't take him until the 4th personally. Just too many medical red flags for me. But in the 4th it's worth the gamble.

Yeah you're right we don't have many picks can't be taking big medical risks. Ideal scenario is trading down one of these seconds IMO.

These are the guys I like for us in the draft...

OG Kendrick Green 

OG Robert Hainsey

WR Dwayne Eskridge

WR Tammorrion Terry

CB Elijah Molden

CB Thomas Graham Jr

LB Garret Wallow

SS/OLB Hamsah Nasirldeen

If we get a few guys from this list I'll be very happy with the draft.